1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Rewards for "og" players

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Nick, Aug 14, 2018.

?

og rewards?

Poll closed Aug 28, 2018.
  1. Yes

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  2. Yes, but not these

15 vote(s)
    60.0%
  3. No

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  1. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    I was thinking, that since og players got a reward in the past, why not have the same in 3.0?

I was thinking that just a couple cosmetics for og players would be cool
    They will all be player heads, that you can wear in game (like the christmas hat)

The Pioneer helmet would be a cosmonaut helmet, which symbolizes pioneering a new gamemode to the masses
    imgres-11.jpg
    Description: Legend has it, that all players with this helmet flew to MCI 3.0 all the way from the mysterious realm of MCI 2.0
    How to unlock it: Be at least prestige 1 in MCI 2.0

The Zombie King helmet would be a zombie with a crown over it's head, which symbolizes the grinding for getting infected king
    dc9ac997-cc9d-4eec-ae2c-6fc09c.png
    Description: Only worn by players with an immense skill when turned
    How to unlock it: Be infected king at least 1 time on any class in 2.0

The Veteran helmet is to symbolize a massive dedication to the server
    9606e3ff-1932-4e32-b66a-48a4052e37b6.png
    Description: Some say that this warrior has gotten a 100 scorestreak
    How to unlock it: Acquire by being prestige 10+ before the master prestige update

Rainbow armor color (Purple, red, orange, green, yellow, blue)
    OG name tag/prefix
    Perhaps make veteran reward from when you logged in first, and not master prestige (first 3 months of the server being up?)

Add heads for the old infected kits that are being removed, for the people who have them unlocked (scarecrow gets a jack-o-lantern hat, etc)
    You could set your prefix color with the /donor command, depending on which colors you unlocked via master prestiging
    You also leave a trail of those master prestige colors in a rainbow

Particle effects in game (need examples im bad with particles)
    Make veteran rewards reward based on time spent on server and not master prestige

idk just something I thought would be cool to add

Last edited: Aug 14, 2018
    ellilliv and Kevin like this.
  2. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano.
    Yes, but I'd like something you can use when you are in the game and not only show off in the lobby while waiting.

Armour cosmetics? Even a prefix if seen fit?

Why not with master prestige? Those who were 10+ prestige with or without the master prestige are still veterans. As I have been banned a lot of my time doesn't make me less of an OG player or less of a veteran.

Nick likes this.
  3. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    I think they seem pretty good except the infected king as that is relatively new. One cosmetic I would like to see is a hat for ever kit u had that is getting removed in 3.0 so like scarecrow u get jackolantern hat etc.

Another thing that would be cool is with the new /donor tag you could pick your donor tag to be a solid colour based off your master prestige before 3.0 eg Spaz could be pink due to mp6

Maybe even a trail of those colours. In a rainbow.

And a prefix is too much for me

Nick likes this.
  4. ellilliv

ellilliv Well-Known Member

I think this is a good idea. But in a way, I'd like for example particles to use in game and lobby more than only heads in lobby.
    Also, what defines a veteran? Prestige 10 before masterprestige update, eeh, I don't know if I agree with that. I, and many others dedicated lots of time to the server even though we weren't prestige 10 before the masteprestige update. There should ofc be some requirements for these so that they're more special and earned, but that in particular puts me off a bit.

I think if something like this idea goes through, it should probably be discussed more.

Sorry for my bad englishhhhhhh

Nick likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Anyways, since 6 people wanted different stuff for og's, its surprising that only 3 people commented
    I'll add your ideas to the thread

ellilliv likes this.
  6. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatoror☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Just a quick question, what would you constitute as OG? If we give it to every single player who played on 2.0, it wouldn't feel as special as it could be. My personal take it should be for either x amount of time on 2.0 or x prestige. I'd like to hear your thought on either what those numbers should be or if you disagree and think we should give it to everyone if we were to do this.

Agent40 likes this.
  7. ellilliv

that's what i also thought of and asked in my post. cuz itd be cool with rewards for og, but then u have to first figure out what really should define that

8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I was thinking like prestige 1 or 2 days playtime. I didn't want to solely want to just reward time spent and rather people who have logged on before, but not the people who have just played 5 rounds.

dank likes this.
  9. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    I mean I have 2mths playtime u deserve Mayhem+

10. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    No. Honestly just No. People that played the game for that little time in my opinion don't deserve anything. Considering Mcinfected 2.0 and Project Mayhem as a whole have been public over 3 years (almost 4 now) people who are considered 'og' in my opinion would be at least Master Prestige 2 or higher with over 2 weeks playtime. Might as well give rewards to people for just 'Showing up'. Sorry if this seemed out of no where, but honestly, Just No.

11. ellilliv

I agree more with this. A person being prestige 1 isn't exactly a veteran, hell, someone could achieve that in like 1 week or less if they're lucky with playercount.

Agent40 likes this.
  12. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

CookieCollector
    Home Page:
    Make these special, give like something to everyone that has a maxed out kit in 2.0, or everyone that reached >100ss on 2.0. This makes the rewards more interesting. I do like the idea of giving everyone that played 2.0 or got like 1prestige the Cosmonaut helmet, because this way everyone (that played 2.0) gets something.

And to join the conversation of ingame/lobby. I'd prefer Ingame because that's cooler but it could confuse new players. The whole reason 2.0 didn't get many new players is because of the crazy amount of (irrelevant) things the game had.

13. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

i dont want to exacerbate the sense of elitism tbh

14. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    I agree with MMO. The point of a reset is to put everyone back on the same level, there's already people who think they're better than non-donators already, if there are 'veteran items', it would just create a whole new way to show off and be a prick.

Just do the reset and don't give us anything special. That's my opinion.

15. ImWithSmart

ImWithSmart ImWithMod Moderator

That One Guy Who Likes To Explore The Lobby & Mod
    Roaming Discord And The Wastes Of The Build Server
    Home Page:
    Normally I don’t toss my hat in the ring on these threads, but screw it. The problem with implementing “OG” rewards is already evident in the thread: Nobody can agree on how to measure or define who deserves what, or just in general, people don’t necessarily see it as rewarding or having any real incentive to having it, and as such don’t really want it.

In my personal opinion, the reward for being “OG” that should satisfy any person is what they personally took away from the game and everything they remember about having fun playing the game and screwing around, be it alone or with friends. It’s a bit cheesey, sure, but ask yourself, “Do I need anything to remind myself of this game that I will value?”

The point of 3.0 is to leave behind 2.0. It was a fun run, but it’s time to let it die. Let the memories serve as the perfect reminder for everyone.

Rod337 and ellilliv like this.
  16. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    I really think it should be based on playtime, not prestige. Cookie gain sprang up, you can get a lot even if you don't play.

17. ellilliv

Agree somewhat when it is about deciding what exactly defines an OG player, but I don't think a cosmetic feature like a hat or particles will affect the game itself, as long as it's simple and isn't an advantage to other players. Personally think it would be cool. Again, just as long as people agree with what exactly defines it. But I also do agree a bit that it is really hard to even do that in the first place

18. InDstructable

InDstructable Active Member

OG means original. Not how long someone has played or what not. So just get an x date and whoever joined before that date can be classed as an "OG". However if you would like to change it from OG to something that fitted playtime then sure.

19. OrangeAlex77

OrangeAlex77 Active Member

Nursing Student
    What head can I get if I logged onto the server once right when it was first starting but have never logged on since?

psandoval19 likes this.
  20. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I seriously hope they don't add too many cosmetics into the actual game. That stuff belongs in the lobby. Can't we just keep it at armor color and arrow trails? I think that's more than enough.