1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[Small / MW3 ] Erosion Rework - basenhet

Discussion in 'Map Submissions' started by Claw, Aug 22, 2017.

1. Claw

Claw Active Member

Main creator of the map: basenhet. I give him full credit for creating the map. I did a full block rework giving the map a new theme and glow. I 100% give all credit to the original creator basenhet, I am perfectly fine with my name not being included in the map if the map is ever added.

Name of the map: Erosion

Description of your map: Some of the issues with the previous Erosion was spawn tanking. In this version of Erosion, spawn is relocated to be west of where the previous spawn was. This is going to somewhat fix the spawn tanking issues that the previous version had. So, what did I change that makes this map different than the previous version. Obviously, I changed up some of the blocks to give it a new vibrant look almost feeling like a new bright map. I've removed some spots, added new spots. A common re-occurence I'm seeing with the current version is the rounds going super fast, or humans winning with no deaths. Some things causing this is lack of actual hiding places. There isn't really any hiding spots as it is a really small map, the version I have created makes use of the small space by adding pvp spots, and also hiding spots. I've done some testing with some of the spots, none are op and can be beaten by a average group of infected. I tried to make a balanced MCI map that everyone can enjoy on both human, and infected side. I personally believe if this is added, will be one of the most loved maps throughout all MCInfected for both humans and infected. You should give it a shot.

Pictures/Videos of the map: https://imgur.com/a/M5a2G

Download link: https://mega.nz/#!l3ACVJ7L!SeWr2sHd_ns36EGFoLNuP8kE73Xmes8-ylZMyoGvAVY

Extra information: Before submitting this, I've tested out the map with simulations thinking about how all infected kits and human perks will effect the map gameplay. As of now, I feel like the map is 50/50 balance between humans and infected. I wanted to make an enjoyable map for both sides, human and infected. Many people hate being infected, and only play if they were human. I want to change this around, being infected is FUN! As I said before, I give full credit to basenhet for the map. I did a rework of the map, changed blocks, edited spots, to balance out the gameplay for the users.

Additional helpers: fish_kids ( ME! )

Hopefully you guys can take this into consideration, thank you! P.S. I hid all of the 13 staff members heads around the map, some in plain sight, some hidden! If you find them all, you are a very good seeker!

2. PumpkinWarrior2.0

PumpkinWarrior2.0 Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    You took the map and changed the block colors, try a bit more next time

3. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    Bit more block variety and change the map drastically, the map that is featured on MCinfected at the moment is very outdated and needs a lot of details and blocks added to it. When @PumpkinWarrior2.0 , @Nitromaniac and I attempted a rework of erosion there was already a lot changed to the map and we only did the spawn.

When reworking a map, make sure you change a lot of the map to make it look a lot better and more detailed than the previous map (take Showdown and Favela for e.g.) to ensure that it'll look similar to the original work but with obvious changes and improvements...

Sorry, I can't give a positive review on this map submission. -1

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
    Bacon and Nitromaniac like this.
  4. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    Doesn't look changed at all except for the terrible choice in block. Scale seems the same, maybe a bit different in some places, but otherwise this just seems like a lazy edit.