1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Squid Bubble

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by CREEPER__1, Jan 8, 2018.

?

Should Squid Bubble be Changed?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    48.4%
  2. No

16 vote(s)
    51.6%
  1. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    I feel as though you are over exaggerating this ability. It takes great skill and precision to land a squid bubble because in order to be knocked or even moved you must be on the border of the bubble. This is very difficult because most squid users that are able to land a squid bubble have a 5-6 block radius bubble. This leaves at least 4 blocks of room for you to be able to not get hit. Another way to counter squid bubble is to be aware of your surroundings. If a squid is coming towards you, you can attempt to stand close to it so you won't be in its border and kill it quickly.

In your replies you tend to portray the ability as a right click insta-kill which I very much don't agree with as I have previously stated the difficulty of landing a decent squid bubble. To counter the kit if you are falling into the void is to quickly flash away, try to pull this off as fast as possible to minimize fall damage (feather falling is a great combination with this as you take almost no fall damage). Also the suggestion to remove a kit entirely or replace the ability isn't a very helpful suggestion as you have no other suggestion to replace the ability or at least attempt a different idea besides remove it.

Personally, I believe squid bubble should not give weakness which especially means weakness II. I believe the squid bubble is good enough on its own without the weakness. Squid is a very situational kit, as it is either only used to counter knockback spots or trap a survivor while it runs. Baby zombie is much for effective for killing a survivor while running as it will always catch up to the survivor. With a squid bubble, you are only trapped inside at max level for 7 seconds. A way to be conservative of your damage taking is to save up for riot shield pro as you take less damage. If you don't wanna wait until the anniversary event you can always just used well placed vacuum grenades to rid the infected for a decent amount of time then escape once the squid bubble duration ends.

lobster likes this.
  2. Paradoxi

Paradoxi Demon Moderator

Full time demon
    Home Page:
    You act if the ability is the end all be all of MCI, while I would agree that it is debatably one of the best abilities in the game I don't think it is nearly as white an black as you say. If you're near the void or out of food the chances that you are going to die are probably high and sure a faster death because of squid is annoying but there are plenty of kits that can make someone who is out of food or near the void just as painful. I personally don't think squid is enough of a problem to warrant changing the core of the kit.

I would disagree, sure turkey will probably receive a nerf every update because everyone hates it however its hitbox has always been a topic of discussion yet the players, in general, have "learned to live with it." However, turkey isn't the topic of discussion.

Thank you for the slight at my moderating, definitely contributes to the discussion. Also, I am saying that there is nothing wrong with having a strong ability that can see counterplay, not that it doesn't matter. For example, vampires can fly to you and you can shoot them, endermen can teleport to you and you can tomahawk them, squids can bubble you and you left click and firemind them.

Draconium, Agent40, lobster and 2 others like this.
  3. Who am I

Who am I Member

All that needs to be fixed is the fall damage glitch

Example: You somehow by luck get a survivor in a bubble as they fall they take a lot more damage when the bubble goes away and in cases like seatown they instantly die from falling into the well after being in a bubble above the well.

Keldricc likes this.
  4. IcyBlack

IcyBlack Member

Just sayin but if grinch poison takes half my health when it hits me and they dont change that, then squid wont be changed either xD

5. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

If vacuum grenades were fixed from taking fall damage, this should be too. Just saying.

6. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    If you mean grinch’s extended incorrect stench time that was already fixed in the most recent update.

7. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:

8. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Well-Known Member

The name says it all
    You sure? Still seems to not work properly sometimes

9. z970

z970 Member

i feel as though it should not be changed as i don't see it as that annoying. its just another part in the game, another thing a player can use/abuse whatever. i personally don't see enough of the players using them to be able to judge it as annoying. every game has that abusive thing that you can use to your advantage and with the=is game mode i guess this is one of them definitely won't be the last. many of you don't like it but have you played it? i don't find it the most fun to play, most entertaining nor the most overpowered kit. i guess you could possibly nerf it in a way but every-time something gets nerfed it pretty much takes away what the kits was meant to do and i don't find this one eyeopening enough for me to reach out and start ragging, saying i'm not gonna donate because of it or even stop playing the game. it just doesn't it for me. And out of all kits people find this the worst? i find more people like to use vampire and swarm survivors by the groups so they can regen tons off both survivors and infected, level depending on fangs path. this seems to cause me more frustration then being trapped in a stupid squid bubble. these are just my opinions so don't go and telling me that i'm the dumbass when you're the ones raging over a kit

10. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

Maybe because you don't join when squid mains are on? Join when Americans are on. That's all i got to say.

MutatedGrape and lordslaughter20 like this.
  11. z970

z970 Member

Cmon you know how much effort that is when you know i'm that trash anyway right?

Frogged likes this.
  12. Hypris

Hypris Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Just Mt.Dewwing it
    You can’t throw them in the air anymore so it’s not that big of a deal. You almost never take massive fall damage anymore due to vacuum grenades. This is a lot different from squid because they weren’t really ever fixed, they were just made so that they can’t be thrown on the air

13. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    Squid bubble I would infer isn't hard at all to trap survivors in, since Fire Mind explosion alone has a smaller radius than the bubble has and I've exploded infected numerous times without getting hit at all (not the trail).

I'm sorry but I just have to say how pitiful your so-called "counters" are to the kit, Flash itself is no excuse because it's the very perk that is used to avoid anything, that's the way it was designed. "Be on guard" is a general play itself, not a counter. The only thing I can agree with is not removing the kit for the bubble.

Squid is used in literally every fun aspect that leaves the survivors with survival - running, tanking, or kb spots. Also, ONLY up to 7 seconds? As if surviving a Titan for just 3 isn't enough. Vacuum grenades don't work, nor do knockback because you are either dragged along with the squid or just gathering more infected around you.

Anniversary exclusives should never be a solution, I thought this was common sense.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    Wack_Attack likes this.
  14. foxilvery

foxilvery Member

No.

No.

As opposed to the ever-enlightening "kill the squid the bubble goes away" advice.

NOTHING COUNTERS THE BUBBLE. You get thrown around and non-stop attacked no matter what. You are still saying "just kill it" like that's a counter. It's flippant and its annoying af.

15. Bacon

Bacon Well-Known Member

Playing Project mayhem on my computer
    Home Page:
    there is one counter, if you're in a kb spot, and the squid tries to knock you off with its bubble, you can sneak and it wont knock you off unless you jump or you're hit without holding riot.

16. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    A counter to play that never was meant to be implemented in the first place? Sounds neat.

Bacon likes this.
  17. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    An endless debate, @foxilvery you keep arguing and won't even consider (you may have but I haven't been bothered to read this entire thread) a nerf to bubble, you just want it removed entirely and the staff have already said it's most likely not going to happen.

I don't want to argue, as I said in the previous thread...but here I am now ?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018
  18. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    Since no one exactly suggested a change, this is my proposal:

- Keep the unique bubble,

- Make it not last so long,

- Fix the fall damage bug (everyone seems to single that out),

- Remove weakness so you can take action rather than waiting while being constantly hit.

lobster likes this.
  19. Hypris

Hypris Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Just Mt.Dewwing it
    I agree with you for all but this. I think taking out the broken fall damage bug as well as taking off weakness is enough. The bubble time itself doesn’t need to be changed if everything else mentioned does because it’s still the main ability of the kit.

20. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    So 7 seconds is perfectly balanced.

I'm pretty sure the human would be hit 11-13 times which sucks away at least all their apples, just because it's the main ability it doesn't mean it should keep a human trapped so often, there's a reason why it has that long cooldown. It ruins the running aspect and stalls enough for many infected to travel to your location for most maps. Just a 1 second reduction is enough, I'm not crazy for a nerf-to-the-ground situation.

EDIT: Just a side note, but I also heard and thought that a bigger bubble makes it more of a nuisance while keeping players trapped, another suggestion I didn't imput is to keep it at 5x5x5 for all levels.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018