1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important Strengths and Weaknesses of MCInfected 2.0 (We want your feedback)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, Jun 25, 2017.

1. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Hey Mayhemians,

We would like to know all of your opinions on what is good and what is bad about MCInfected 2.0. The criticisms below should be constructive, as we are asking this so that we can make meaningful improvements to MCInfected 2.0. Please be as detailed as possible so that we can make use of your feedback in a meaningful way.

When answering this question, I ask that you please follow the template below. This is so we can best make use of your feedback.

What doesn’t work well in 2.0? What can be improved?
    • blah blah
    • blah blah

What does work well in 2.0? What are the strengths of 2.0?

• blah blah blah
    • blah blah
    For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions do you have? (Completely optional)
    • I would blah blah the blah blah blah and blah blah the blah

Thanks so much for your help. This is much appreciated and we are very excited to make good use of this feedback.

-Project Mayhem Staff

2. TheStalePvP

TheStalePvP Well-Known Member

S&D Team Memeber
    • Final Stand. Make it so that Final Stand is a worthwhile perk or just give me my prestige tokens back. I would suggest invisibility instead of the invincibility.
    For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions do you have? (Completely optional)
    • I would replace the 6 seconds of invincibility with invisibility.

3. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    • Power of kits are all over the place, there are clear best kits and clear terrible kits.
    • How you guys go about balancing the game. You balance it, but in bulk updates (unless it's a hotfix)
    • Small amount of players
    • Jank (Enderman doing 4 hearts in one hit to Commander. Skele doing 5+ hearts at long ranges)

• Kit/Map variety
    • Large amount of players
    • Good map to garbage map ratio is really good
    • Instead of doing them in bulk, do smaller, more frequent updates.
    • Advertising
    • Add damage cap to certain abilities that can stack damage

Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
  4. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Disclaimer: This is all my opinion.

• Smaller player counts (@Keldricc mentioned)
    • The cleanse grenade. It either has very little effect in larger servers, or in smaller servers where there are 2 or so MZ's, it destroys the game if used early. It's a very cool concept, but not very useful in both extremes
    • Single entry point maps (i.e. Catalonia, Chinatown)
    • Vampire's fly/speed.
    • Firemind
    • Group tanking - 10 or so people in the same place going to town (see Sand Castle)
    • Human Arrow Counts

• Infected Classes/Paths
    • Rank-up system
    • Prestige system
    • Everything from 1.0
    • Final Stand (@TheStalePvP)
    • Cookie adjustments to compensate for smaller player counts and only smaller maps being in rotation.
    • Scrap it.
    • Scrap the maps.
    • Remove speed, or give fly a longer cooldown, or (my personal favorite) remove fly altogether.
    • One of three things - make the perk 3 tokens, make the perk have a longer cooldown, or remove the "explosion" effect. The explosion also should not go through walls.
    • I don't know the solution to this one.
    • Humans need to have a smaller arrow count for two reasons - If this went with a nerf of Vampire's fly, it would not make camping spots too OP. This would also make Marksman a relevant perk.
    • I didn't list it as an issue, but killing a player with Final Stand should still award you with a kill and that player with a death.

MutatedGrape and TheStalePvP like this.
  5. Mrhatman33

Mrhatman33 Well-Known Member Builder

• Enderman dealing 4+ hearts of damage (even on full irons).
    • Skeleton long distance bow damage doing 4+ hearts of damage.
    • Low player count.
    • New players don't have a chance against op veteran players.
    • Reindeer companion is useless.
    • Final Stand is not worth it.
    • Marksman is not worth it.
    • No reason for players to explore the maps (most of them just reach for the best spot every single time and ignore the rest of the map + going afk and just moving every minute to not get kicked).
    • Lack of events (just like cornucopia).
    • No free kits events (every week a kit would be available for players to test it for a bit and see if it's worth it or not).
    • Lack of survivor content updates (perks, companions and etc).
    • Lack of survivor progression (upgrading survivor gear, companions, perks or anything really)
    • Lack of challenges.
    • Lack of companions that can be bought with cookies.
    • No in game loot (when a match ends you should have a chance to scavenge a box that wouls give you cookies, a cookie booster or an extra item for the next match).
    • Kit variety.
    • 1.0 related content.
    • Rank-up system.
    • Prestige system.
    • Most of the maps.
    • Kit progression.
    • Nerf it's damage.
    • Nerf bow damage.
    • You said you already have a plan for that.
    • Find a way to balance somehow? (Idk tbh).
    • Buff it (example: you have 8 hearts then you use reindeer to travel back 30 seconds ago when you had 10 hearts. You should get regen until you recover those 2 hearts. 5-6 hearts maximum maybe).
    • Give it invisibility.
    • Give it more arrows or scrap 10% damage buff and add poison arrows, slowness arrows and etc.
    • Add in-game events similar to cornucopia to give players a reason to explore the maps. This would also prevent players from getting bored of just sitting on the same spot for 5 minutes.
    • Add in-game events similar to cornucopia (special rounds similar to "power rounds" suggested on the forums or a 1 hour or 1 day event on weekends that will change the game in some way.
    • Add a free kit of the week event.
    • Add more perks, companions and customization.
    • Add a way to upgrade our survivor gear and perks.
    • Add more challenges and increase their difficulty.
    • Add more companions that can be bouth with cookies.

6. PumpkinWarrior2.0

PumpkinWarrior2.0 Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    Ohhhhhh I've been waiting forever to write this...

*to many kits (doesn't give it that mci feel anymore, to random and too overpowered depending on which kit you talk about)
    *less maps (lots of bad maps)
    *surviving is quite hard now and without max rank 25 you don't have a good chance of survival at all
    *stop nerfing every map, you NEED a few maps with some good spots. Every time a real fun spot is made you nerf it, and with all the new kits I bet half of the old school spots like downturn or nuke town would work!
    *master prestige should be fixed (I liked the idea but stopped playing due to how you decided to lay it out)
    *Old school boosters events and possibly in the shop again... they were amazing.
    *old fire sale
    *try playing the game more consistently and truest FEEL how we the players feel.
    *refunding boosters if they were used while a restart happens (more efficient way)
    *double cookies (honestly, it takes far to long to get cookies without double cookie weekends and stuff anymore due to lack of players and how much is in the game)
    *HUGE!!!!!!!
    you guys try and make the game harder and more to do for higher ranks a lot of the time and nerf a lot of stuff so it lasts longer for them, but in all honesty it just makes it harder for your newer players to get stuff, and to fix that you add and nerf more stuff making it "even". This isn't going to help when eventually these old players leave and you got all new ones.
    *spawn tanking is sooooo annoying and the way you have it set up is disgustingly bad and I always have hated it. Maybe try reverting to the old style because you can't just go and tell noobs they can't do that, let them try and give anyone at spawn strength V like the old school mci did. Make it more rewarding for infected it people disobey rules.

Please Ben, please

7. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Active Member

Failing School
    Plz don't hate me. Thx =D

• Kit prestiging (Me being a not so good Mci player, my experience with kit prestiging is awful. When I'm just chilling in my spot and a max prestige shock/vamp just shreds me up, I'm not gonna lie I get so triggered.)
    • Starting players leaving (Check out my thread for more info. This leads to less players, so less fun.)
    • Owners don't play a lot (I know you guys you busy, but it would be nice to see you guys on more.)

• Addictive (Noff said.)
    • Community (Brings more joy in Mci!)
    • Master prestige (I'm not even close to a mp yet, but from what it sounds like it, it will bring more joy to long term players.)
    • So much more!
    For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions do you have?
    • Kit prestiging (Balance them or just take it out. If you take it out you can give humans levels/prestiges and give infected levels/prestiges.)
    • Starting players leaving (check out my thread, it has a bunch of great suggestion on this!)
    • Owners don't play a lot (I know your busy will stuff and I understand that. If you can make it a goal to get on the server 2-3 times a week it would really make us happy :). If you can't, don't sweat it.)

Triggered

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2017
    Nitromaniac likes this.
  8. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    Here's my opinions on the matter.

• The low player count makes the game seem unbalanced since there are only around 15-25 players every game
    • New players tend to leave quickly since they get destroyed by higher level players whether it be they are playing infected or humans
    • Keeping consistent with good content filled updates, since if it's only balances every time people get bored of it and don't look at it as an actual/meaningful update.
    • Not everything needs a nerf like the ladder spots on the old tanking maps. Sure it might be a bit op but that's what made them fun and they are so popular they have become a big part of the history of the map, and when you take that away the map just doesn't feel the same.
    • The prestige system as it is right now even after the master prestige update could use a bit of work. Players get to a certain master prestige/rank and get all the necessary perks then just quit playing since they have everything ready.
    • The game gets kind of stale after playing too much of it over and over unless there is a big event or something. It is also a bit hard to want to keep playing when nobody is online.
    • It's really hard to get old boosters since you can only get them once a year.
    • I think mci may need a new lobby since the current one is kinda old and weird looking. (No offense to anyone who worked on it)

• When the server is full players tend to stay and play more games, and more boosters are activated that also cause players to stay longer.
    • It's a unique game mode that has the opportunity to bring more players in since it can't be found on most other servers.
    • There is a huge range of maps to play on.
    • Donor perks are awesome like the companions.
    • There are many prestige perks for survivors to choose from.
    • There is a wide selection of infected kits for players to choose and level up.
    • Has a fantastic community.
    • I think the biggest issue is the player count. I ask people all the time who rarely play mci now that if the server reached an average of at least 30-60 people in mci everyday they would play much more often. The issue could be fixed by advertising the server more through youtubers doing a series on mci and not just 1 popular youtuber making a single episode of it.
    • New players could be persuaded to stay longer if they maybe started with some better gear or got double cookies for the first couple hours they play.
    • The updates are up to you guys, and I know it's not easy to make a good content filled update without having to see how it fits into the gamemode and coding out all sorts of bugs takes a long time too.
    • Maybe bring back some of the old ladder tanking spots on maps like rust, nuketown, etc.
    • To fix the prestige and rank system will take a lot of reworking. I think it needs to almost be completely changed in order for it to have players constantly working on unlocking something while not making it too difficult. There are threads in ideas and suggestions on some solutions for this.
    • There are plenty of ways to keep mci fresh and exciting. First off you guys can make more events aside from holiday events, 2x cookies, and the playathon. Some events could be where players get to try out a new mode in mci every couple rounds for 2 weeks like something where they have to defend an area from infected (this is just an idea there are hundreds of other possibilities). Maybe in some of the events you can earn limited edition cosmetics or companions. Aside from events you can also add in new achievements/missions that are really hard to get but have a nice payoff to keep players engaged. The missions and achievements could change every month.
    • Sometimes people miss out on the anniversary and can't get old boosters, so maybe every couple months or so make a week where there is a big sale of old boosters and players can buy a few. (If you are worried it might be a bit op for a player to buy too many old boosters maybe put a cap on how many they can purchase but I don't think this will be a problem). This method could also bring in a lot more money for advertising the server.
    • Get the build team to work on a new mci 2.0 lobby.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  9. Justin L

Justin L Member

Just Going to School xD

•Large Maps (due to low player count)
    •Spawn Tanking not being clearer for new players. Also older players spawn tanking while Mods aren't on (It doesn't happen to often)
    •Low player count means it's way way harder to rank up this makes older frustrated,lazy and quit and makes newer players give up (Which makes the player count even worse)

•The Prestige/Master Prestige System
    •Ranking up System
    •Community
    •OP Spots water spots ladder spots it's what made the game fun it when I started playing I would follow Iron people to the spots and they would protect me in those OP spots so I had a chance to win as a beginner.

For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions doyouhave? (Completely optional)

•For the moment that Project Mayhem is experiencing low player count make the maps smaller so it doesn't take a long time to find survivors.

•Also while the server is at a low player count make the ranking up easier by decreasing the amount of cookies to rank up or The much more complicated way while their is 4-6 people on have like a x4 Booster and when their is 7-10 people x3 Booster and while their is 11-20 have a x2 Booster on and if their is above 21 no Booster on. I don't know if their is a way to code the server to automatically count the players and put the boosters and adjust them when players leave or join.

• Spawn Tanking being clearer for New people and older players spawn tanking while mods are on (Doesn't happen to often) create a forcefield around spawn were survivors can't go in but infected can go out but I know what your thinking what about spawn shooting and Infected running in the force field to get away or skeletons shooting from inside the force field make it so once a Infected leaves the force field they can't run back in and were survivors can't shoot in and so it doesn't allows blazes withers or skeletons to shoot while inside. Also one more thing we'll what if a survivor just stays in their instead of leaving when the game barely starts well if their in their after the 60 seconds are up they automatically turn Infected (I know real Complicated but it can fix the whole spawn situation)
    If you have any ideas to make this better reply I know this can be more thought out.

-PrivateBox

10. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Quick reminder, this thread is important for the future of PM. We discussed this in our meeting, but us as a staff team getting help from you guys is critical. I personally don't play any kits aside from Zombie Wither and Werewolf. As we need your help, please keep your replies germane to the thread and not offtopic (me saying this is offtopic as well, but we should have this said before more and more people continue to get offtopic. This thread is going to be crucial for us, so we ask you guys do help us by remaining ontopic (so far you all have been doing well). Also, following the format is good because we are looking at your suggestions in the same way we are asking you to format. Also, don't start a flame war because you think someone's idea is bad. The staff team will handle all disagreements/contradictions among suggestions, so don't get mad if someone says "Give commander's full diamond!!1!1!1". Ultimately, we aren't putting in everything if it breaks the balance of the game. We will make sure everyone's suggestions is acknowledged, but that doesn't mean everyone's suggestions will be implemented. Thank you.

ImWithSmart, TheStalePvP and maxben34 like this.
  11. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    (Sorry Aj im not going to use the format I just can't think straight with the format, also looking back on this I go kinda off-topic whatever)
    I personally think that how MCI works is based on the server being 30+ players which isn't what it is 75% of the time.
    We have these huge maps with multiple hiding spots, but normally a minimal amount of infected. How are the infected supposed to kill all the hiding people when we have huge maps. I think to solve this there should be a 100 block radius from spawn where you will receive poison 2 if outside that radius. (15 people or less)
    Certain kits thrive off player counts like (IMO) blaze, wither skeleton, witch, and guardian.
    Blaze, guardian and wither skele: Meant to hit mobs of survivors with Area Damage, doesn't really work when it hits 2 people. Another thing for guardian is it is meant to prevent camping at op spots like ladder and water spots, but those are mostly all gone now.
    Witch: It is meant to buff lots of infected at once while they swarm survivors. The potions don't go to much use if it is hitting the 4 infected that normally exist.
    You've probably heard this already, but seriously we need more content. You can only do so much without an event. Most people just either tank in one place every time they get a certain map or people have their certain hiding spots. Now, you are asking for the community's opinion and I give mine for most of the forums users. We need power rounds. Power rounds changes EVERYTHING, people will have to develop new strategies based on certain rounds. People might have to play differently, or use different kits, or use different survival methods. It really brings a whole new perspective into MCI, and changes the way the game can be played which is amazingly exciting.
    Also, I think something that would be fun is unlock-able cosmetics such as armor color and particles.(I know most of the armor colors have been used, but there has some colors that haven't been used). Just more unlocking in general really cosmetic wise. By unlocking I mean like how you would unlock a kit like having to do certain stuff.
    For something @CREEPER__1 brought up, I can't stress this enough. Please don't get a big youtuber to do 1 video. Get a smaller youtuber to do a series (maybe 10k-30k subs). We have done these 1 video things with big youtubers, and look at the server now. With a series that fans will not care how the gamemode is, they want to be with their favorite youtuber. Don't make the same mistake again.
    Something that goes amazing for Project Mayhem in general is the Build Team. They don't get enough credit for what they do and the hours they put in to support the server. For the active builders or anyone who has put in work in the past, thank you so much on the behalf of the server. None of the updates, new maps, or most new games in general wouldn't be possible without you guys. I can't wait to see more work from you amazing people in upcoming updates.
    Lots of people say the community is great, and its completely true. The most important thing on this server (IMO) is the teamspeak. I have made the most amazing friends over this teamspeak, and I keep coming back to Project Mayhem just to talk to these people. If the teamspeak didn't exist I would have never come back to play MCI or anything on Project Mayhem. If you don't have teamspeak i 300% recommend it, you can search "Teamspeak 3" into google and download it and join the PM Ts3 ip which is ts.pm-mc.com. It's one of the best things that has ever happened to me.
    Another great thing is that MCI is so original that once we become a decently popular server it will only continue to grow because this don't exist anywhere else.
    I guess i'm done here, you're the real MVP if you read this whole thing.

12. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    • Enderman's damage
    • Skeleton's Bow damage
    • Gets boring after 10+ rounds
    • Useless prestige perks (Marksman, Final Stand)
    • OP survivors
    • Maps that are too large
    • Low player count
    • **NEW PEOPLE LEAVING**
    • Useless Infected Kits

• The amount of Kits
    • The progression
    • Rankups/Prestiges/Master Prestiges
    • Enderman's Damage - Simply nerf it's weapon from +4.5 damage to +4 damage
    • Skeleton's Bow Damage - Less % on level up?
    • Gets boring after a while - Events, new gameplay mechanics, power rounds... There are so many options to fix this! Heck, I just made a whole suggestion on "Randomized Daily Quests". [http://forum.pm-mc.com/threads/mci-randomized-daily-quests.9387/#post-65090]
    • Useless prestige perks - [Marksman- Give it more arrows and maybe a power I bow at rank 25] [FS- Give it Invis for 6 seconds as well]
    • OP Survivors - idk how to fix this
    • Maps that are too large - Scrap big maps (I personally don't have all the names memorized)
    • Low player count - you have plans for that
    • **NEW PEOPLE LEAVING** - Commander Nerf? Nerf more infected?
    • Useless Infected kits - Buff kits that no one EVER uses. MCI is in a state where there are 2 or 3 viable kits (Unless you're duder). Every single kit should be viable. However, people need to understand that Mayhem and Mayhem+ kits should be op and better than Spaz and Crazy kits. Take wither skeleton as an example, it's a mayhem kit. Many people have it and it sucks. Heck, skeleton is better than W Skeleton. Other kits such as Grinch, Wolf, and Blaze are Mayhem kits or kits that are incredibly hard to obtain. And the 3 of them suck.

Also expanding on what baseball said...

Bringing a big YouTuber on is like taking a drug... You feel great for a few hours but once the hangover hits you'll feel like sh*t.

If a big youtuber comes on (who is the drug in my shitty analogy), he'll attract LOADS of people, however once they stop recording( which is the hangover), everyone leaves.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
  13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    Oh boy, where do I start

What doesn't work well
    • Low player count = less than 40 cookies per game, there is no point of even grinding when you get very little reward from it. It get more rewards from play factions for 5 mins (Not TIM :p) than one round of MCI
    • Similar Kits. Some kits are very similar and are pretty much considered the same thing. Blaze + Wither, Cupid + Skeleton
    • Prestige Perk unbalanced. This is getting ridiculous. Perks like Final stand and Marksman are being spit on, while Firemind and scavenger are being hailed. I mean, who even gets marksman?
    • Not fun for low levels. This is un-arguably the biggest problem facing MCI. Only 2% of people who join MCI stay, because being in private with no prestige perks and not knowing any of the classes is not a recipe for fun
    • Grinding Gets Boring. This is the problem facing medium and high prestige players (5+ prestiges). There is simply nothing to do or works towards anymore. Its always the same cycle, with the same maps, same quests, same people, and same equipment and nothing interesting or different.
    • Minimal balancing. Balancing takes months to be put in action, and even then, you guys never talk to the community about the changes, so the community usually just gets mad and people who mained that class just leave or give up.
    1 year ago:

Ben: "Hey guys want do you want nerfed?"

Community: "Scarecrow is destroying leathers, witch is taking out groups of commanders in seconds, and it is impossible to hide from a shock!"

3 months later:

Ben: "Ok guys we are nerfing enderman!"

Community: *hangs up*

What do you like about MCI?
    • Its not a Pay2Win server
    • If you work hard enough you can get anything
    • Great community
    • Nice Staff (some of the best i've seen, it rivals even the Hypixel itself, and you even share some of the same staff *cough* ewald)
    • Laggers have a chance :p
    • Lots of maps
    • Lots of kits

What changes can be made?

14. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    • Death Streaks: These give indexes buffs to infected that are already quite OP.
    • Tomahawk: Moves to slow and doesn't travel far but does high damage basically a free kill on infected.
    • Firemind: Requires no skill, More OP then sword more useful then sword. Doesn't impact on damage in fight and requires no switching to grenades.
    • Elf/turkey Companion: You don't get the kill if your companion kills someone. Elf doesn't give you kill if your elf does all damage not even ss unlike turkey
    • Grinch: Too Low of present chance
    • Unbalanced for new players: without perks I barely see no pres commander get 5ss and lower ranks at times not even a kill.
    • Large Maps: Too big of maps for such low players hard to win as infected.
    • Nothing new: Right now I've had every perk in the game even before master prestige and now I'm 5 prestiged away from having all perks again. Than what should I do it's just a grind to lvl up kits I don't use.
    • Too repetitive after 15000+ games: After heaps of games I know all maps by name multitudes of hiding spot on each map. Along with heaps of different ways to play the game.
    • Lobby: Although the lobby is well built I personally don't like it for Mci and it's been the same for ever.
    • Player Count: Super Low and kits are being Nerfed/Buffed to accompany for the low players meaning if more players join it will be unbalanced again. Super hard to rank up with such low players I played over 4hrs today with 8ish players and I only ranked up once from 16-17.
    • Mods: 90% play Mega Walls and ive seen some join Mci and leave because the amount of cookies being earns aren't worth playing.
    • Infected Power: Out of wack Commanders should be getting higher than 10ss a game. Even ones with perks don't get high ss anymore
    • Hard to grasp: Lots of new players join and die in some obscene way and leave this is because there is so much for them to learn that they don't know what is happening until it's to late.

• Kit Variety
    • Map play styles
    • Most perks
    • Lvling up kits
    • Companions
    • Uniqueness
    • Room for more
    • Death Streaks: I would personally remove these as they where implemented when humans were OP but now it's reverse and infected are op this would help balance it out.
    • Tomahawk: Make it Throwing knives from 1.0 that deal 50% up instead of 75% along with making 3 uses with powerful shots. (This gives infected a higher chance of being able to fight as only 50% hp gone at once. The 3 uses balances it out as 50% a hit means usually 3 zombies will lose 5 hearts each having a chance of getting a kill on human instead of a zombie losing 7.5 and being a rip gg)
    • Firemind: Convert back to gold sword but make 20% explosion than 50% of that 20% to be fire. This makes it require some skill and since Sword breaks it becomes a more strategic play than that of the current firemind and can't be used as fire grenades like the current. This also essientally makes demo more useful and more of an essiental and Firemind less useful as it is one of the perks most get nowadays with people recommending it for pres 2 or 3.
    • Elf/Turkey Companion: Make it count as your kill not you companions. If it doesn't count your kill or give ss if you don't hit the infected it's useless.
    • Grinch: Buff present chances by around 5% for each level. Levelling up president thief right now takes much longer than any other kit and you die more than any other kit.
    • Unbalanced for new players: Maybe a RNG for 1-13 and that's what rank they start at. This would essientally decrease the amount of people getting upset about being killed so often as they would start at a higher rank. With higher ranks they might be able to kill infected making them feel like they aren't trash. So they might stay around for a while.
    • Large Maps: due to amount of hiding spots instead of removing spots remove the maps for rotation when under 20 players on a server. This would allow faster rank ups, more action games and faster gamers. Some of these maps would be Project Tokyo,Slums, Central city and many others I can't remember right now.
    • Nothing New: Many updates recently have only been balancing updates and no new actual content. The last content update was when Guardian etc were added and the Ashop perks. New content would add more combinations of stuff to do or perks to prioritise. Thus enticing older players to stick around to try and get these new perks/companions/kits.
    • Too repetitive: Add some different modes to rounds to spice things up a little. Such as power rounds to make games more interesting.
    • Lobby: Get builders to build a new lobby so that it's more friendly but fitting for an infected gamemode. If a more player friendly lobby was added it would increase players first impressions to something higher.
    • Player Count:As always we need some sort of advertising to keep the players coming on. (Would right more but others have points about this topic)
    • Mods: Mods should balance Project Mayhem and Hypixel as they chose to be a mod and if they find that they don't want to be on Project Mayhem moderating on weekends when most players are on and greatest chance of earning cookies and well when mods play Mci I tend to notice more people are on as everyone on ts joins Mci as they aren't trying to get into the same Mega Walls teams. And mods that aren't on often give other players a sense of have they quit? Why don't they play? Is the server dieing I see them on hypixel?
    • Infected Power: I don't know how to fix this but either humans buffed or infected get a global nerf.
    • Hard to grasp: Removal and simplyfing many things would make it easier for new players to understand and learn about how the game works and the more knowledge about the game th easier they will find it and easier to set goals to reach.

15. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    While I am no longer a part of this server, Project Mayhem is still important to me.
    I may not have an extensive list of pros and cons like your regular players do, but I'd like to propose an idea for your consideration.

• Your survivors are too powerful. Nerfing power will only get you so far, since players will continually ask for more prestige perks and bonuses. Master prestige was a good idea, but now you're in a place where everyone is in power again.
    • Because of the above, new players do not enjoy their first few games on the server, and thus leave. One might think increasing the player count would fix this, but even if there were a lot of new players who join, the gap of power between them and the veterans would be far too high.
    • You've tried everything to increase the player count, but nothing is working. Advertising, events, new gamemodes, and large updates have yet to make the playercount start rising again.

• MCInfected mechanics are fine (not necessary specifics)
    • Owner dedication - we may have had massive disagreements in the past, but you've earned massive respect from me for the time and effort you've put into the server.
    For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions do you have?

This is going to sound drastic, but don't discredit the idea completely.
    I suggest you consider a near full reset of server statistics.

Let me tell you a story.
    Another server I follow had an incident where all their player data was lost. Instead of trying to recover it, they went in the completely opposite direction, and reset the economy. The eight-month-running world was reset entirely, as well as balances, leaderboards, everything. Only donations remained. I expected the server to die off then and there, but out of the ashes, something amazing happened. Veteran players, new players, and players who left the server ages ago all returned to compete on the leaderboards for top spots. Instead of leaving the server, players came online for more time than ever before to avoid falling behind. As if a miracle, the playercount had doubled, and has nearly maintained to this day.

A reset of Project Mayhem's ranks, prestiges, infected progress, and everything with it is not guaranteed to be successful, but honestly, you're running out of options here. At this rate, nothing you do will randomly bring the server to start expanding again, with the current statistics, for the reasons mentioned above. Use the knowledge of 1.0, 2.0, and the feedback other players have given to you on this thread to your advantage This time, reset it in the optimal way, so that everything would be perfect upon rebirth.

Leveling the playing field might be your best bet. What better form of balancing could there be? Sure, a few would leave, but those who left due to the imbalance would indeed return to compensate for that. Of course, the reset would be coupled with some form of advertising to get you the perfect start to "3.0". The new players you make then are much less likely to leave since they know they can win. You'd probably have to use some money out of pocket, but if you want PM to flourish, I think it'll pay off. Along with it, an overhaul of infected kits and rank perks (and donation ranks, if you want to sustain) would entice players to stay with the server to see the new perks long enough to choose not to leave. Additionally, you could give a small temporary advantage at the start of the reset to people with master prestiges currently, so they don't think all is lost.

I am fully aware how controversial this idea would be. But, it's not that unlikely that what happened to the server I mentioned might happen here as well.

I just want you to consider it.
    And, rereading the phrasing of your original post, I think you may already be doing so.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    ImWithSmart, Frogged, Jimme and 12 others like this.
  16. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Yes. Yes. Yes. YES.

Please consider what he's saying @maxben34. I think this is the genuine solution.

17. Gokuvsluigi

Gokuvsluigi Active Member

Wondering how my life got to this point
    @maxben34 I also agree with this, this is probably the best solution on here Please consider this option.

TheStalePvP and Draconium like this.
  18. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I'm all for a reset (as long as I get to keep my woof class)

But you can't deny that after servers do faction or skyblocks "resets" player count rises

19. Mrhatman33

Mrhatman33 Well-Known Member Builder

Without a REALLY big CONTENT update a reset would be awful... Honestly I would quit if a reset without any good content update happens.

20. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Well, you gotta lose players to get more players...

chessgeek10, TheStalePvP and mmo like this.