1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important Strengths and Weaknesses of MCInfected 2.0 (We want your feedback)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Mrhatman33

Mrhatman33 Well-Known Member Builder

Honest question. If ben resets MCI and updates it with minimal content... do you think most of the players would like it? Hours and hours of grinding for what? Absolutely nothing. PM should borrow ideas from the original infected from COD and most of our problems would be gone...In my point of view there is no reason for a reset right now.

2. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    I don't want to start a flame war on this thread since everyone's opinion should be accounted for, but I honestly don't think a reset is going to do anything but piss people off. Sure maybe players who have nothing right now will be happy that everyone has to start from scratch, but right now the community that is currently keeping the server alive has been grinding prestiges for years. A couple of chaos crates and boosters is not going to make up the countless hours of grinding. Now a lot of you who support the idea of resetting everyone's stats probably hates me right now, and thinks I'm dumb. But hear me out for this one. What do you think is going to happen when you wipe everyone's stats? Some old players are probably gonna quit for good, and maybe a few new ones replace them since it's a fresh start. Fast forward a couple months into the future and by then the new players and maybe some old players who stayed have grinded their way back up to the top and have tons of perks. Then even more new players come and are going to be discouraged by the amount of high level players there are and they can't beat them. The cycle will have just reset itself, maybe even dropping the player count eveb further down than it was before since many old players will be disappointed they lost everything and quit for good. I'm sorry but I don't think a server wide stat wipe will ever fix our problems even though it might sound like a good idea to begin with. MCI is much different from other servers. I'm not sure which one chessgeek10 is describing, but it sounds like a faction server. Another thing is that server is only 8 months old while mci 2.0 has been around for more than 2 years! Also it's much easier to start over on faction servers due to the fact players have donor perks that allow them to do /kit and get items to rebuild everything. (Once again I'm not sure if it's a faction server he is talking about, but this is just an example of how simple it is for other servers to reset) You have to look at this idea not only for how it will affect the present of the server, but also the future. More problems are just going to arrive if we handle fixing the server this way. This post was not made to put anyone down who believes the server should have a stat reset, but I believe there are much better routes the server can take to fix it's problems.

3. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

This entire issue is rooted in a system that is so bloated with rewards it accelerates people's rankups to an unsustainable pace. Box is the equivalent of nearly 90th prestige, and as you said, the server has been up for 2 years. In MCI 1.0, which had been up for 3 or so years before it went down, the highest prestige anyone had accomplished was maybe 30. It's absurd. There's nothing you can do about the 'cycle' that you mentioned, but with so many handouts, the cycle has came to its end early, and nobody knows what to do. I'm on the side of overhauling the rank system, slowing it down, but only after a hard reset.

Gokuvsluigi likes this.
  4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    I am reposting this because I added a lot to it :p

There are tons of reasons for a reset. I do agree that we would need new content.
    Should it be a true reset? of course not, people who have been grinding for ages should not have to watch all of their progress disappear. I have some ideas on how to reward players for their time, but still be able to even the playing field:

In-game benefits
    -Your current prestige (excluding prestiges before a master prestige) you receive one random booster
    Example: If I am prestige 4 and master prestige 2, I will receive 4 random boosters
    -For every Master prestige you are, you receive one chaos crate (0% chance for an empty vial)
    -If you have Pig Companion unlocked before the reset, the pig will be available in the companion shop for 25,000 cookies, and you must have 1 master prestige to buy it
    -For every prestige your infected class is, the class is 10% easier to unlock
    Example: To unlock woof, you must Hit 100 infected with flash grenades, and kill 50 full irons. If I have woof prestige 1, then to unlock it I would need to hit 100 --> 90 infected with a flash grenade, and kill 50 ---> 45 full irons

New Content
    Of course, we will need new content to persuade veteran players to continue playing, so I have chosen the 3 best ideas to add into MCI to spice-en up gameplay (I recommend reading the original threads to gain an in-depth understanding of the ideas)

1) Power Rounds by @Frogged
    Power rounds change up gameplay by adding more objectives and rewards for playing in an interesting way. These ideas range from
    Random vanilla mobs spawn into the world in random locations and try to kill survivors
    @TeamPurple to
    All humans spawn with 2 rows of absorption hearts and cannot regen health via food
    All in all, power rounds would be a great motivator to stay on the server because it would make you look at maps in a new light and have fun trying to deal with the added objective.

2) Infected Costumes by @Nitromaniac
    Infected costumes make playing as an infected more interesting, almost like adding a "3rd path" onto infected. These costumes would either wield cosmetics that come in packs from the shop
    Your arrow leaves a trail of smoke
    Spawns with a confetti bomb (purely cosmetic)
    Other infected costumes that give you small buffs, will be unlocked via Du3k (Dress up 3000)
    Deals an extra half heart of damage to companions
    When he attacks a human, they get slow II
    Infected costumes would add more things to works towards and grind for (which is the overall goal in MCI)

3) Randomized Daily Quests by @Draconium
    Randomized Daily Quests would add a reason to log on everyday to complete the new quest, and give people reasons to use different kits or play styles. Quests would range from Absorb X damage using Blaze's Flame Shield, or deal X amount of damage using your woofs (my personal favorite)

Nerfs/Buffs/Changes
    This section is meant to balance infected classes and spread the
    Most-Efficent-Tactic-Avaliable
    (but not get rid of it)

Zombie - Buff
    Brains should give speed I for 5s on all levels, and Brains V should give speed II for 5s

Scarecrow - Buff
    Well, here I am. About a year ago I was a crusader to nerf the scarecrow to a pile of Hay. Only now have I realized my mistake sorry @dank D:
    Increase Bats range and damage by 1 for every level
    Replace the scarecrow's leather helmet and boots with iron

Enderman - Buff + Nerf
    Make its axe deal +4 damage, and replace its leather chestplate with chain

Woof - Change
    Replace Silver Immunity path with Wolf Pack

[Wolf Pack Lvl I: Upon death, spawn 1 wolf with 8hp and 3 damage. If your wolf kills your killer, you are revived with 5 hearts] (Kill infected after respawning with final stand 0/100)

[Wolf Pack Lvl II: Upon death, spawn 2 wolfs with 8hp and 3 damage. If your wolfs kill your killer, you are revived with 6 hearts] (Have your wolfs revive you 0/100)

[Wolf Pack Lvl III: Upon death, spawn 2 wolfs with 10hp and 3 damage. If your wolfs kill your killer, you are revived with 6 hearts] (Have your wolfs revive you 0/200)

[Wolf Pack Lvl IV: Upon death, spawn 3 wolfs with 10hp and 4 damage. If your wolfs kill your killer, you are revived with 6 hearts] (Have your wolfs revive you 0/250 | Kill humans after being revived 0/25)

[Wolf Pack Lvl V: Upon death, spawn 3 wolfs with 12hp and 4 damage. If your wolfs kill your killer, you are revived with 8 hearts] (Have your wolfs revive you 0/300 | Kill humans being revived 0/40)

Vampire - Nerf @mmo
    Remove speed on all levels of Mutation, and add 5s to its mutation ability cooldown for every level. People like Jimme can get ez 10/10 combos when they land on you, and it gets annoying to fight a class with great mobility, healing, speed, and damage, that is easily unlockable

Sp00ky Shocker - Buff + Nerf @mocharaven
    Shock rn is pretty much a better version of Endy, that can be used on ~70% of maps
    Buff - Decrease the amount of hits you need to active lightning strike by 1 each level, decrease its tp ability by 5s for each level
    Nerf - Lightning should be invisible to all infected besides the shock, because when a shock teleports to someone hiding, its pretty much a death sentence, because it means "Hey guys! The rank 10 is over here! Let's get him!"

Easter Bunny - Buff
    Decrease the rate by which it lays eggs
    Lvl I: 30s
    Lvl II: 28s
    Lvl III: 27s
    Lvl IV: 26s
    Lvl V: 25s

Wither Skeleton - Change
    Change the Wither Skeleton's wither path to the Wither Boss path, since skullz is WAAAY better than Wither path
    NOTE: The cooldown for this ability is always 60s

[Lvl I: Morph into the wither boss for 12s. While being in boss form, you cannot move, but your Skullz cooldown is halfed, and damage is increased by 20%. Once you turn into back a wither skeleton, you explode in a 5x5 radius dealing 4 damage to all nearby survivors and heal 2 hearts] (Kill 3 survivors in one game 0/75)

[Lvl II: Morph into the wither boss for 13s. While being in boss form, you cannot move, but your Skullz cooldown is halfed, and damage is increased by 22.5%. Once you turn into back a wither skeleton, you explode in a 5x5 radius dealing 4 damage to all nearby survivors and heal 3 hearts]

[Lvl III: Morph into the wither boss for 14s. While being in boss form, you cannot move, but your Skullz cooldown is halfed, and damage is increased by 25%. Once you turn into back a wither skeleton, you explode in a 5x5 radius dealing 4 damage to all nearby survivors and heal 3 hearts]

[Lvl IV: Morph into the wither boss for 15s. While being in boss form, you cannot move, but your Skullz cooldown is halfed, and damage is increased by 27.5%. Once you turn into back a wither skeleton, you explode in a 5x5 radius dealing 5 damage to all nearby survivors and heal 3 hearts]

[Lvl V: Morph into the wither boss for 16s. While being in boss form, you cannot move, but your Skullz cooldown is halfed, and damage is increased by 30%. Once you turn into back a wither skeleton, you explode in a 5x5 radius dealing 5 damage to all nearby survivors and heal 4 hearts]

Phantom - Buff + Nerf(?)
    Buff - Reduce cooldown for transparency by 5s for each level
    Nerf - After Possession wears off, all items will go back to their original place

Small Improvements for gameplay
    -Increase amount of cookies gained when there is less people online (For every player slot not filled, all players gain 1 cookie)
    -You can repeat the word "gg"
    -Saying "gg" after a game rewards 5 cookies
    -Have a Jukebox that can play music discs while you play
    -Tip players who activated a booster (Tipping someone earns you and the person you tipped 1 cookie)

Chaos Crate Crafting
    -Chaos Crate Parts/crafting
    Completing a Daily Quest earns you cookies, xp, and 1 crate part
    When you click on the chaos crate, it opens a GUI, such as the following:

http://imgur.com/a/psgJ3

The Anvil is for Opening the

The Chest is a normal Chaos Crate that you can craft for 7 parts

The Ender Chest is a Magical Chaos Crate, that has a 0% chance for an empty vial, and a reduced chance for a bucket of chaos. It can be crafted for 15 parts

The Cookie is a Cookie Crate, it has a 20% chance for nothing, 45% chance for 1 cookie booster, 25% chance for 2 cookie boosters, 15% chance for 3 cookie boosters, and a 5% chance for 3 old cookie boosters. It can be crafted for 20 parts

The Name Tag is a Rank Crate, and has a 30% chance for nothing, 30% chance for 5 parts, 30% chance for a bucket of chaos, and a 10% chance to get $2 store credit. This can be crafted for 25 parts

Leveling System rework
    The leveling system is pretty whack right now, so I figured it could use a rework. Disclaimer: The fact that you lose levels after not logging on does not persuade players to join everyday, it makes people mad when they forget to log on once, and makes them leave (potentially forever)

-Do not lose levels after not logging on
    -Do not give players levels when you log on everyday, give them 100XP
    -The (%) bonus should not give more chaos from voting, you can get 1,000 cookies from just voting as a level 100

I might add more to this, but I'm pretty tired

Last edited: Jun 28, 2017
    Nitromaniac, Draconium and alymmak like this.
  5. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    2.0? What can be improved?
    • Nerfs/buffs to kits
    1. Zombie: give it better armor and reduce the scratch 5 chance of poison and damage because that kills rounds and buff brains path so it heals more per brain eaten
    2. Skeleton 1 arrow every 3 seconds/4 max of 4 arrows prevents spam and buff escape path

3. Enderman: it does to much fucking damage with zpower and still to much without and if it isn't changed because literally everyone's said this as well Ima be pissed

4.Vamp get rid of its fucking speed after morph that's the only major issue to the class as a whole I think the surprise of being hit is enough not including getting comboed by a speed 2 vamp fucking annoying

5. Baby zombie. Make it distinguishable between it and the squid companion because I get confused as fuck

6. Wolf make it spawn less wolfs because it turns a 1v1 into like a 7v1 and you have slowness

7. Iron golems LESS FUCKING HEARTS JESUS IK ITS A TANK BUT COME ON

8.Witch make the blaze rod a sword so we can guard pls

9. Slime /kill glitch lol and try to keep hitbox the same for growth path

10. Turkey Fucking do something about this class and make it it a zombie with a turkey head or something because it's fucking broken as shit and it's impossible to hit

11. Phantom when invis shouldn't be able to be lit up by fire bruh phantoms are ghosts where is are perm fire resistance choose one lmao and give it better speed when invis

12.Easter bunny don't let it drop eggs in spawn dumb af when it can afk and all infected are running around with stone swords

13. All classes as a whole make them easier to unlock because some are just fucking stupid

14. Let us spawn a companion in hub I want a friend for once

What does work well in 2.0? What are the strengths of 2.0?
    • Prestiges
    • Choas
    • Food system
    • Donor perks
    • Master pres
    • Rank up systems
    For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions do you have? (Completely optional)

I'm writing this while triggered at something else sorry for language I listed solutions to each problem above
    And my thoughts on a server stats reset you do that and I'm gone not losing my hard work let players choose individualy if they want a stat reset and those who don't don't show up on the leader board fine by me

Justin L likes this.
  6. Justin L

Justin L Member

Just Going to School xD
    I'd also quit all my hard work just to go down the drain @maxben don't do this idea please. Another point why we shouldn't do this is people are gonna get OP again new people are always gonna join and die do to OP players. So what we reset the game every time people get OP?

7. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Many people have so far expressed either agreement or disagreement on the stats reset. So I'd like to pitch in my 2 cents.

While a Youtubers provides a Short-Term fix to the player count 3-4mths maybe. A stats reset I believe would give a Mid-Term fix like 12-18mths as no one will be 'OP' anymore. At this post not in time there is no Long-Term fixes to chose from.

I myself agree with a stat reset. Though certain steps must be taken to assure maximum benefits. These are:
    • A Big Youtuber/Multiple Smaller Youtubers on release - The reason for this is as when this reset happens we don't want to have players having time to get ahead of players if a youtüber comes at a later date.
    • Player Donations - All ranks purchased should be saved for that player along with boosters they own at time of reset. This is to keep donators happy and more willing to restart again.
    • Change a lot of kits- this is so it is suitable for all new weaker waves of survivors. (We do not want players leaving after someone has a rank and can kill easy with that kit)
    • A large quantity of Content added - This is so veterans aren't there going well I almost had everything I could get what's the point in getting it again. Adding more Kits/Perks/Companions will add that sense of you never truely beat the game. Along with adding new play styles to the game.
    • Nerf Missions/Chaos transfer rates - Right now at level 100 completing all global missions get you 2700ish chaos then if you play the game and beat this missions that's over a prestige a week. Before Master Prestige about 1yr ago I believe the highest prestige was Z_Hobo with just over 40 and now Box is prestige 85ish now let's look at that in perspective of how long the server has been up. Hobo was prestige 40 after over 1 1/2 years with the highest player counts we saw as a server. Now with lesser player counts Box essientally doubled the amount of prestiged Hobo earnt in about a year (Keep in mind Box wasn't close to Hobo at time of mater prestige update). We are essientally speeding up rate of prestiges with less players. How are the new players gonna catch up with such a weird economy. (Also Hobo had the old op boosters)
    • A possible server for veteran players - players who complain about stats loss could play on a server that will no longer recieve updates/balancing but will hold their stats and they can play on with other veteran players. Now some days we could have Throwback Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays of which new players can also join to see what it used to be like. This would make veterans feel like they are cared about.
    • Now so veterans don't feel like playing was for nothing a conversion of some sorts such as 1 master Prestige = 3 Prsents/gifts (from Halloween/Christmas) then for each Prestige 1 random booster (includes pot of gold and Easter but lower odds)
    I hope with these points taken into consideration when choosing whether for or against a stat reset. You will notice that this reset is what's best for the server if the above points are met sufficiently. If you all decide know you are essientally choosing end of this server so you can be the special spot on the leaderboard or have the OP perks so your life is easy.

Now I'm not saying people against stats reset are dumb but I would I just like to see some points why it shouldn't be reset. That aren't about you but about the server.

InPepeWeTrust and Vickebyggare like this.
  8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

I do agree we need a reset (It my opinion in would be fun to watch every rankup together, and prestige racing would be more competitive) But you cannot solve that some players are going to be mad that they lost their stuff.

9. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    This is bad imo. Enderman needs a good base damage because of its armor, and low level anger isn't that good.

Nick likes this.
  10. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

In my idea I said that if we nerf endy's damage we should replace its leather chestplate with a chain, so it can't be 3-shotted when it teleports to someone

11. PumpkinWarrior2.0

PumpkinWarrior2.0 Well-Known Member Builder

Builder
    I very much agree with a FULL RESET. Sorry, but with people such as hobo, Garth, etc. the server had waaaay to much power set within 3 or 4 people... I rarely ever see a game where they didn't get huge killstreaks and rule the round. I think this would be for the better of the server.

Paulgigadrain likes this.
  12. Keldricc

Home Page:
    That just makes Anger path even better

13. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

I wouldn't mind a full reset, but I would still like my time to be recognized (like total time played will stay) but other shits reset.

Masteraj12 likes this.
  14. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    I concur

Well, the issue is Enderman can't stay alive long enough for Anger to be useful. (Unless you're duder)

Nick likes this.
  15. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Just wanna say that I don't think this thread was asking for specific thought-out nerfs/buffs. I think some of you guys are over-thinking
    I don't see why players who were affected by the reset couldn't have it show in their stats. Kills, etc. Good idea.

16. Keldricc

Home Page:
    I honesty would hate being reset. The amount of time I poured into the server only for it to be erased is really off putting. I do however, see the benefits of it as well

17. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Everyone has poured time into the server. If the server continues declining, your time will still be erased, except in a less glamorous fashion...

18. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    I mean if the stats are reset I don't want everything to go to waste. Players who had high prestige/level infected kits, and high prestige/master prestiges better get something worth their time dumping hours into the server to reach thise things (and no I'm not talking about some crappy boosters, chaos crates, or a companion, players who lost a lot after a reset should get something back that is actually meaningful for all of their effort). Also if it is that everyones stats are to be wiped there better be some big changes that will really benefit the state of the server, because if this is all unfolds incorrectly it might put the server in a state beyond repair. I'm kind of warming up to the idea of stats being reset, BUT if the players who put tons of time into this game are just thrown to the side and are told to just start over again without any compensation for their hard work will be really upsetting. Along with this as I already mentioned there need to be big changes for the better if we want to start all over again. In doing this the server can look at its mistakes as players are listing in this thread and keep the good ideas. A thing that persuaded me to consider a server stat reset was some things can't be fixed without it. The server also has to address things like I mentioned in my last post on this thread like problems repeating themselves I.E. players getting to a state where they have nothing to accomplish and dominate newer players. Even though I have my doubts about this here and there, I think if this is planned correctly I think we can make the server better than it ever was.

Sorry for the really long posts, but if you read through it all you can understand how my opinions changed a bit.;)

Nick likes this.
  19. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Just a quick question, did any of you guys read my hour-long post? None of you guys are giving your two-cents on the matter...

20. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    Ok first of all Nick I didn't pay attention much to ur hour long post except for the easter bunny part u got the times wrong in V: 21s IV:23s for egg layer
    May I point out why a reset would never work: They would have to refund every booster ever used. People spent money to get cookies and infected stats and its all going to be reset. Not to mention I didn't see a single thing about holiday kit donations. Why would u use box as an example of high prestige. He hides every game so he gets more cookies from living. Comparing hobo to box in their "play time prime" box gets to use the system of chaos compared to the old system of mayhem. Not to mention global level providing extra chaos. Also hobo commander camped a lot while box never passes 40k cookies. The system isn't broken they have different play styles. Also chessgeek10 being the one who brought the idea up hasn't played in about at least 6 months. He also said commanders were op and getting high scorestreaks. I'm not discrediting his opinion I'm just saying he doesn't have the best understanding of the current situation. I forget who said Easter bunny needed a buff I disagree its broken af. I get stone sword + zpower so vs a commander im doing 6 attack damage and an endy is doing 5.5. Not to mention I get severed heads a lot which I tend to get regen 3, str 2, or res 2. Also we have the rabbit launcher ability which does know and does 6 (not true damage) at level III. Lv IV and V are also op because if someone is hit with it they can't jump which makes it impossible to escape while running from infected. TeamPurple took into account that we would get a big Youtuber to do just one big video instead a smaller youtuber doing a series. The series would help the server for at least a year but the donations from the new players could get us another youtuber WITHOUT a stat wipe. The stat wipe should be completely last resort. Another thing people are pointing out is the great community which consists mostly of veteran players. I believe most veterans will quit due to all their grinding being gone. There goes the community. Sorry if anything comes out as mean or a personal attack but it's 11 pm I'm tired and I had to type this whole thing through my phone.
    Edit: when I mean "why would you use box as an example of a high prestige" I mean why use box as an example of a broken system.

fraud_nado18 and CREEPER__1 like this.