1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important Strengths and Weaknesses of MCInfected 2.0 (We want your feedback)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, Jun 25, 2017.

1. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Your thoughts are extremely disorganized and hard to follow. I suggest revising this when you have access to a computer, because I want to reply to what you said, but I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt that you can do better than this.

However, I can't help but comment on what I find to be the most absurd part of your rant, when you say
    This is just simply not true. There's nowhere in the store that protects donors from a hard reset (and even then donor ranks are something that don't need to be reset). I've said it before in this thread, but I'm going to reiterate it. At the current rate of decline, the server will not be able to sustain itself, and ultimately will cease to exist. The booster nonsense (that isn't even an actual issue) won't be relevant then, would it?

To be blunt, I don't see another choice. Bloating the server with more features obviously isn't the answer.

Youtubers won't make new players suddenly enjoy a game that isn't fun for them.

I want to see the server succeed, and I understand that nobody wants to see all their work put into the server lost - but it won't matter if nobody is playing it.

As far as discussing possible kit changes and whatnot, I think it's pedantic to go that in-depth. Tiny changes by all means help, but are irrelevant the long run.

Please proof-read and respond thoroughly. This is a topic I care very deeply about and your response just seems... uneducated, and, well, ignorant.

TheStalePvP, Nick and TeamPurple like this.
  2. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Professional minecwaft pwayer
    Playing Devil's Advocate here... Ben and Jack technically don't have to refund anything. That's why it's called a DONATION.

But... A reset will cause more of a riot than the Master Prestige update. Trust me, only you and like 2 other people think resetting stats area good idea. Do you also realize how long people put into this server? Box has over 3 months of playtime... 3 MONTHS. That's over 90 days of just CONSTANT playing. I just recently got prestige 3 mole. If they were to reset everything, that would mean I'd have to grind Pres 3 mole for ANOTHER month or 2.

Also, I don't see anything wrong with the global level? It's a great and balanced system. The more you log on, the more rewards you get? What's so wrong with that?

As I've stated before, Power Rounds just don't seem to fit the idea of "MCI", similar to Guilds. It's supposed to be Humans vs Infected, not Infected become incredibly overpowered (If they aren't already op enough) and the humans would have no chance at fighting back since they have weakness II and slowness II...

Infected Skins - Pretty neat idea... I don't see anything wrong with it, however, I don't believe that they should get any advantage. For example, Zoo Keeper Zombie should not have any advantage over any of the other skins... (they are skins for a reason). The way you'd unlock skins is by completing challenges (I'd presume).

Randomized Daily Quests - Having a completely unbiased opinion on this one (since I created this)... I think people will hate this. And I don't blame them... I mean, if you get unlucky, you can get challenges like... "Kill 73 zombies" or "Kill 31 people as Titan". **KEEP IN MIND YOU HAVE TO HAVE THE KIT IN ORDER TO HAVE THAT CHALLENGE. FOR EXAMPLE, YOU CANNOT GET A DAILY CHALLENGE HAVING THE TITAN KIT IF YOU DON'T HAVE IT UNLOCKED.** If you want the full link to the thread, here it is. http://forum.pm-mc.com/threads/mci-randomized-daily-quests.9387/

Buffs/Nerfs-

Zombie - No, just no... Zombie is already incredibly overpowered and arguably one of the best kits in the game. It already does a crap ton of extra damage, and now I'd get speed? That would allow people to combo you so much easier, causing them to do a crap ton more scratch damage.

Scarecrow- Alright, I can see this one needing a buff

Enderman- I like this one because enderman can finally stay alive long enough for anger to actually do things.

Woof- Sooooo, Slime? No, I think Woof is just fine the way it is.

Vampire- Great, this is the best one here. Vamp does not need speed.

Shock- I hate to say this but... ITS BALANCED! The people who use it are just exceptionally good at pvp.

Wither Skele- Ehh, seems a bit overpowered, but the kit sucks... So, it may shift the META.

Phantom- Completely removes the niche of phantom. It's supposed to be an annoyance and scramble your inventory! If it doesn't do that, then the kit would be useless!

Cookie Chaos Crafting- I somewhat like it... I do love the system that is in play right now, but this isn't a bad idea. Apart from the rank chaos crate. That's the only thing I don't like.

Leveling System Rework- Nopenopenopenope

REMEMBER: This is my opinion. Nothing I say is necessarily "correct".

Dat_Skeleton and Hoozier like this.
  3. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Because quoting is annoying @baseballaholic22 . In my post I believe I mentioned transferring remaining boosters to the reset version as if advertised at release it would only benefit the newer players as much as the older players. If your gonna compare let's factor in Z_Hobos 50+ss every 3rd game it only takes 15kills to be worth equal to a win. I was a higher prestige then box pre-masterprestige I was around 28 I remember watching him past me. So that's 60ish prestiges compared to hobos 40 now Hobos 40 in 1 1/2yrs or Boxes 60 in 1yr. There was levelling before master prestige as well with the same missions as now. and no Box ant be that high because of 'Playstyle' if there's a full server you should be earning more than a server with 15 no matter what the playstyle is unless tanking which box doesn't do.

They would not have to refund boosters because if you used them or bought them it was in the sense to use them and most did not to mention if my post was what the reset was solely about if you bought boosters it was to get you to a higher rank/prestige which would give you more bonuses for the new Mci. There have been no recent purchases of boosters I know of so anyone who bought them got what they wanted from them.

In my posts I also mentioned this Mci being saved so players can join it that have played it previously but no new players until they are prestige 2+. More can be found out about this idea of mine in my post.

Donor kits: I would personally like to see all kits to be unlockable but not by donor rank except for Scarecrow,Lep etc. But to deal with the purchases made for these kits maybe a Quick Unlock in the shop for X amount of chaos that makes it unlockable by completing requirements for it. I guess this could also be used for other kits but instead of unlockable requirements maybe makes the unlock easier such as X% of required requirements off unlocking if you have the corresponding rank for the kit. This would make the server more EULA friendly as well.

Also of those members of the veteran community leave are they really committed to the server or just themselves at being better than new players. When you saying most veterans please get some statistics because this wouldn't be mentioned if veterans didn't bring it up. its not really grinding if you get a prestige every 2 weeks from chaos. it's using a broken system nothing else.

4. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

who gives a fuck its a donation there's no disclaimer in the store that protects buyers like @mmo said.

Like, if a reset would work I totally wouldn't care

Last edited: Jul 1, 2017
  5. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    Well I understand the idea of a reset more but sorry if this response doesn't make sense because I'm uneducated and ignorant. So, kits would need to be easier to unlock because I spent 2 years blaze grinding and got the kit last month. If its taken away we do need the easier way to unlock these kits. I do realize boosters don't need to be refunded at this point but we should get to keep our global rank and holiday donor ranks with kit progress reset. Just another question I have would players who got turkey from cornucopia, headless horseman from the anniversary, and grinch and snowman from the Christmas event get to keep their kit? I'm leaning more towards a reset, but we should do the reset when we can get a youtuber to do a series because if the game is new or reset because the new players will have a chance.

mmo likes this.
  6. Frogged

Press the spacebar and go to a new line when you bring up another point in your post, then it will be way easier to read. Like this:

mmo likes this.
  7. Draconium

If we don't keep the global ranks, riot.

EDIT: Plus, it even says in the store that boosters are a ONE TIME ACTIVATION. It never says that our ranks are 1 time things. In other words, we'd keep our ranks if they were to a reset.

8. Frogged

Ranks would be kept. There would be MAJOR backlash on Ben if he were to reset them as well with all the Mayhem+'s.

9. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

I don't think you are ignorant or uneducated, I actually think you're quite bright, but when you don't articulate your responses well it can give the illusion of it.

You are correct, there's no need to take away donor ranks or kits, and it would also be wise to get a youtuber on after a reset.

I think that a reset would need to come hand-in-hand with a rank system overhaul, though, to prevent what has happened from happening again.

baseballaholic22 likes this.
  10. HaleStorm

HaleStorm Active Member

Failing School
    My turn,

I have looked at everyone's response and I have came to my conclusion. A reset is needed for many reason. One reason is that players that have played a lot are "scaring" newer players. By being able to tank tell 25ss at low ranks, by being able to kill survivors with little or no effort, or by attracting new players to camp with them then being infected. (Wow, I used "being able to" a lot) The veteran players will still be good, but the game will be more balanced.

mmo likes this.
  11. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Mod Moderator

Professional Mineman
    We still need to decide whether kits from completing events should be kept (turkey, headless horseman, snowman, and grinch).
    I think progress for the kits (I mean for unlocking the kit) and the unlocked kits themselves should be kept.
    Personally my snowman and grinch both have 1 path done for complete from finishing the Christmas event and I see no need for that progress to be reset.

12. Draconium

Well, if we are doing a stat reset, then we should do a stat reset. (Everything BUT global/holiday ranks reset)

13. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    "I don't see anything wrong with the global level" The problem with the global level is that players can get 1,000 cookies within a couple of minutes from voting, and be able to prestige in a week. Not to mention it makes players rage when they forget to log on once and lose their progress.

To be frank, the only option we have left is a reset. If you have another idea that will balance out gameplay and give noobs and fun and fair chance, I would love to here it. You can't just say "no that won't work" and then not give us any other options.

14. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Yeah, the issue with Global Level is that it's basically a rich get richer system.

I disagree that the reset is the only option, but I think it is the best and easiest solution.

15. Draconium

If I dedicate 100 days to this server IN A ROW, I should get more rewards than someone who has only dedicated 1 day. You need to look at this from an Owner's POV... This gets people to log in every single day. It is a genius system.

16. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    Anyway cause all y'all are whining and stuff here's an idea. Have max pull the veterans who been here since the beginning aka me aj Duder keldricc etc. into a team speak room and ask them weather or not we would like a hard reset or not because it would effect us the most and if we would get some type of compensation

17. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

I honestly giggled.

TheStalePvP and TeamPurple like this.
  18. Draconium

Uhhhh... No? We all, as a community, should have a say in this. Just because duder wants something, doesn't mean it should be put in to play.

TheStalePvP, Ammaranthine and mmo like this.
  19. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

carrying the build team
    An mci reset would never work, and would kill off the server rather than revive it. It would be just like removing project Mayhem's most popular gamemode, and making a new one. And we all know how the majority of project Mayhem's new gamemodes have turned out. While resets may work for factions, it will never have long lasting benefits for mci, because mci isn't a strictly player vs player gamemode like factions, and also relies on other aspects besides competition.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2017
  20. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Wait, what?

TheStalePvP, Ammaranthine and Nick like this.