1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Important Strengths and Weaknesses of MCInfected 2.0 (We want your feedback)

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by maxben34, Jun 25, 2017.

1. Draconium

Draconium Active Member

Pro Minecwaft pwayer
    Well, there are competitive aspects like, Kings and Playathons, but besides that, you're right.

Justin L and Nitromaniac like this.
  2. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    "dedicate 100 days" More like log on to the server for 5 seconds for 100 days. Did you even read my post?!?

3. Draconium

Draconium Active Member

Pro Minecwaft pwayer
    Is that not the definition of dedication?

4. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

It is not indeed.
    The funny part is that you nit-pick everyone's posts that don't support your opinions.

I'm pretty sure you forgot the part where I mentioned that being able to get 1000 cookies per day in less than 2 minutes from voting is OP. Please respond with your opinion on the matter of the part where people get double rewards from voting and can prestige in a week, instead of the top part, because we don't need anymore petty excuses for what you think you do and what you don't do. Here, I even made a template for you, because you probably ignored most of my points here and would most likely respond with a random conclusion.

-------------------------------------------------------------
    Do you think that level 100 voting rewards are OP?:

What are your ideas on how to nerf/adjust voting rewards to make it fair to newer players?

Why do you ignore some parts of a post that you are quoting?
    -------------------------------------------------------------

5. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Cool it. Let's try to remain respectful here.

TheStalePvP likes this.
  6. Draconium

Draconium Active Member

Pro Minecwaft pwayer
    #1: Yes
    #2: Nothing, voting is just fine the way it is.
    #3: I dont, I was talking about a specific topic... Just because I didn't mention EVERY SINGLE DETAIL doesn't mean I ignored the whole god damn thing. Geez...

Also PS: Yes, that is the definition of dedication
    Also PPS: Yes, I respond with posts I don't agree on and give my feedback and like the posts I agree with... Is that so wrong?

7. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Mixed Arcade would bring players if advertised

Justin L likes this.
  8. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

This thread isn't going anywhere tbh...

I'll just stop responding + watching the thread.

Peace out :p

9. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    Home Page:
    I knew this thread was gonna take a turn for the worse with a topic like this. It went from people legitimately listing there thoughts on strengths and weaknesses that mci has so the community could address everything that's wrong and things we should keep, and then to people killing eachother over whether mci should have a stat reset or not.

I think that if everyone wants to keep the discussion about a stat reset rolling then make a mcinfected 2.0 discussion post on the issue with a poll so everyone can leave there thoughts and opinions there and not go too offtopic on this thread.

10. Kendyy

Kendyy ★ Senior Moderator ★ Sr. Mod

Warning

Please keep all comments from now on following the template by stating what you believe works well in MCI and what doesn't. Small discussions are good and encouraged but this has gone on too long.

All comments from now on that do not appropriately fit the purpose of the original thread will be deleted.

Thanks guys

11. Hypris

Hypris Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Just Mt.Dewwing it
    Well I guess it's my turn to give my two cents...

What doesn’t work well in 2.0? What can be improved?
    • A low player count all around, which leads to a lot of different problems such as such a low cookie earning that discourages other players from coming on and playing.
    • Overpowered humans. I believe that this discourages new players to stay. Back in the days of MCI 1.0, you did 1 of 2 things to survive. You either hid in a remote part of the map and hoped that you weren't found or you teamed up with lots of other survivors to tank/survive. The current system encourages people to tank solo, and if your first game on as a new player is someone killing you over and over again, you might leave just because of that.
    • Temple of Time syndrome (@CommanderBox) This describes a map that includes one exit from spawn to a main part of the map. Maps that have this problem include Temple of Time, Catalonia, and Gordon City. Due to this one exit, this encourages tankers to stay at these exit points and to just destroy anyone trying to leave spawn.
    • Unbalanced prestige perks. Perks such as final stand and marksman are very underpowered on the prestige perks scale for their cost while other perks are very helpful.
    • Community opinion. As much as the owners and some staff try to argue this, the playerbase of mci doesn't have a whole lot of say in what happens in mci. Think about it, out of the massive amounts of ideas and suggestions, how many of these actually get added?
    • The game itself is very repetitive. I feel like when I get on, it's just a grind to get to higher levels.

What does work well in 2.0? What are the strengths of 2.0?
    • Kit balancing. Even though many people disagree with me on this topic, I think that the server does a good job worth this. When you actually think about it, all prestige 3 kits have a lot of power.
    • Map variety. Other than the maps mentioned above, the map variety is very good and due to the quantity and quality of the maps, it definitely improves gameplay.
    For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions do you have? (Completely optional)
    • Try more tactics of advertising. From the point of view of a normal player, we are seeing the slow decrease of player count and while you (directed towards ben) have just tried to reassure that you have something in mind, but we aren't seeing much happening.
    • Possibly a rework of the cookie system when a low amount of players are on because it is very difficult to get anything done with less than 15 players on.
    • This is not so simple, but nerf the power of humans and make infected more powerful. While it may change gameplay significantly, I think that it would really benefit the gameplay of mci.
    • Map redesign or removal of maps that have suffer Temple of Time syndrome. Please note that when I say redesign of maps I don't mean add something just to add it, you have to keep the theme of the map and still make it look good.
    • Update the cost or function of some prestige perks.
    • Include the community in future updates and decisions. You could do threads like this and look at what people say about the current state of mci and then make changes based off of what people say.
    • Add more variety of gameplay. @Frogged had an amazing idea of power rounds that got complete community backup, but was never added. This idea of round variety would fix repetitiveness and make gameplay a lot more fun.

12. GodVibes

GodVibes New Member

I know I'm not that active anymore but here are the reasons

-No offense to any of the builders since the builds are great, but some of the maps are bland and boring and I usually log off due to some maps.
    - Many of the maps spots which were removed/nerfed ruined the map and didn't stand out anymore
    - Player count, when there's 10 people on in a huge map and your running around for 2 minutes trying to find the last guy.
    - Kits, some of the kits are so much better than the others and accessible by paying for ranks to gain access
    - When there are 10 commanders sitting 2 steps outside of spawn and no staff on
    - When you are with another zombie trying to get past an Iron curtain of Commanders
    - You are handicapped until you get to commander
    -All infected kits are so much better than the survivor ranks until you are a Commander
    - People like me lose interest after prestige got because they are stuck at low ranks and die instantly
    - You get like 15 cookies in game with low counts of people
    - The people dedicated inside of Project mayhem such as staff,builders and dedicated players.
    -Once you have all the perks you need you can just sit around and not die instantly
    For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions do you have?
    - Certain maps that haven't been nerfed and ruined

Solutions
    -Advertise with newer upcoming youtubers
    -Fix cookies earned based on the amount of people in a game
    -Balance infected kits
    -Bring retro maps back
    ****CREATE A POLL ON THE MOST COMMON THINGS COMMENTED TO SEE IF PEOPLE WANT THEM CHANGED/ADDED

13. ImWithSmart

ImWithSmart ImWithJrMod Jr. Mod

That One Guy Who Likes To Explore The Lobby
    Well I'm a little (more than a little :p)late but here it goes

Forewarning #1: I know that this is supposed to be just about the game MCI, but I give suggestions for the entire server here. If the staff feel that they need to delete this because this is breaking the rules, that's completely fine. I'm going to copy and paste this onto a document so if need be I can post it to a more appropriate section of forums. Cheers! :)

Forewarning #2: You can probably see that this is a very, very long post with a lot of things to read. If you have any criticisms, I ask that you go over all the details as things in different sections do relate to each other/overlap every once in a while.

What doesn’t work well in PM? What can be improved? (I go into detail in the suggestions section)
    • New players honestly hate starting from the bottom, and to be completely frank, it isn't hard to see why. Something needs to be done to change this. While I am not fully behind a complete reset, I can definitely support it.
    • Old, lackluster building.
    • Other minigames are given little to no attention. .
    • Cookie count. With the daily player count slowly (but understandably) shrinking, it's very hard to earn enough cookies to rank up even once during a day's worth of gameplay, especially when you're getting up near Commander.
    • Player count. Players are slipping away, and MCI (I hate to say it) is nearing inevitability and sliding from thriving (I'm not trying to make it sound like doomsday for MCI, just sharing what it's like from my point of view).
    • Kits aren't balanced enough/We need new kits.
    • Forums (IMO) needs a cosmic-sized cosmetic and schematic overhaul
    What does work well in PM? What are the strengths of PM?
    • When there is a high amount players, it's so much fun to play. That's what got me hooked in the first place.
    • This is something that's impossible to change, but having active staff members on a server is really refreshing to see. However, I've noticed a bit of a decline in staff activity. I wonder what's to blame? *suspicious cough* Mega Walls *suspicious cough x2* (Staff, this isn't a rip on you, you guys are still awesome and amazing, it's just that the only staff I see on regularly nowadays are @Masteraj12, @CommanderBox and @Kendyy. Could be a timezone thing because when I'm on late at night @Luke is usually there too. I recognize that you guys are doing so many things behind the scenes and I applaude you for that, but if there were more staff it would just be refreshing.)
    For the issues you mentioned above, what solutions do you have? (Bulletin points are ordered respective to the issues listed above)
    • Like I said, while I can definitely see the cons of a complete reset, at the same time I support it more than I oppose it. However I believe you need to focus on bringing up the player count more than you need to consider a complete reset (for now). Here's why:
      • If a reset were to happen with little to no increase in player count, players would face tough obstacles. The obstacle of new players having to go up against experienced, perked-filled enemies would be gone, but other hurdles such as cookie count would be magnified. With all perks such as firesale having to be rebought, experienced players would feel the pain of being new, and struggle to complete challenges that would usually be little more than mere trifles, consequently viewing the reset as pointless and and leave. However, if you were to do a reset when the game was more popular, basically you would see a scenario similar to what @chessgeek10 described. Keep in mind though, time is crucial. This is sort of a perfect balance of bringing in new players, but not doing it so early that we don't have enough new players and the game dies, and not doing it so late that the new players become the experienced players and the older players have quit or moved on, because in that scenario, it loops around, and the game just sort of limps on.
    • New, fresher maps. Now I know that builders are constantly working on new things, but my belief is that they need to branch out and experiment. It may be a COD-based minigame, but you can't just rely on BO2 and other COD games for inspiration. Draw from other sources, and heck, even make an original map. It's a definite challenge, but one that can produce some diamonds in the rough. I've watched the building on other servers evolve over time. When Project Mayhem first came out, the building was modern, but even with the facelifts and new things I have watched grow, the building has remained around the same-ish theme, especially in MCI 2.0. The maps just don't match the style of the server, such as the hub, and to me kinda feel out of place. I, for one, would absolutely love to see a new MCI lobby. I've been staring at the same one for what feels like forever.
    • Now, I'm a newer player among much more experienced players. I never played on supergaming, and haven't played a single game of FearSG or Mayhem Mania. (From what I've heard, nobody really liked FearSG so I'm fine with missing that, but I'm sad I missed out on Mayhem Mania) However, support for one server can't simply come from one minigame. Other minigames can help the server thrive. Now servers like Hypixel are able to crank out new minigames left, right and center simply because of the enormity of their server, their funds, size of their development staff, you get the picture. However, it's been over a year, and Mixed Arcade still hasn't been released. Without decent advertising, player count, etc. a scenario of 4-5 day popularity followed by a ghostown is all too inevitable, and the server will just keep moving forward how it is now. The only thing is, I fear this time the server won't survive relying on years of waiting for one new minigame. This isn't a criticism of any of the staff, I'm just trying to lay out the most likely picture. To put it as short as possible, there's a very good reason why most people refer to playing on the server as MCI, not Project Mayhem or PM. More attention payed towards other minigames besides MCI can also lessen the weight of features that are a part of MCI as of now. I feel that the minigame is way too bloated with buffs, nerfs, etc., and it can be pretty confusing at times. Instead of every update being on MCI minus maybe an update to other minigames every other year, update the other minigames separately by themselves (in addition to MCI) pretty sparingly, and I think that people would enjoy the server as a whole rather than just seeing MCI or maybe Search and Destroy when they join.
      • Example of what I mean when I talk about updates: Let's say maxben and jackson perform updates to the minigames every 4 months, but instead of just MCI, every 4 months is a completely different minigame. With the release of Mixed Arcade, this means an update every 28 months for a minigame. That gives them plenty of time to listen to new ideas for minigames being generated by more interest in them because they were updated. In addition, hype for an update to a minigame that hasn't been updated in over 2 years can produce a definite uptick in player count. Critical reception of an update can help them realize what the players dislike/what isn't working and what is working, and they can remove this and do repairs in the first week or so afterward before they have to focus on the next minigame update. Also, if minor details needed to be added, removed or tweaked, they could do small updates in between the big ones.
    • I have to say, cookie count is definitely skewed in favor of multiple 35-55 person games at least half of the day, rather than the 15 person games that are the days peak. The amount of cookies is definitely going to need a change, and fast. I don't have any amounts in mind, but this is very important and needs to be thought out thoroughly, as doing it wrong could easily kill the game. This can be totally temporary, and maxben and jackson could bring the current cookie amounts back to what it is now, granted the server sees an improvement in player count. Speaking of which,
    • Player Count!! I underlined and put exclamation marks because this is the most important. Everything on a server revolves around player count. Funds, staffing, forums, support, popularity, everything. That's the goal of a server, to provide fun, enjoyable content to as many people as possible so your server can continue to grow. Even all of the issues I listed have something to do with player count. Advertisement through big YouTube names such as PrestonPlayz, Vikkstar123, etc. was how Project Mayhem blew up. Advertising on sites such as Minecraft Forums, Planet Minecraft, etc. does help, but if we want to see the player count boom like it once did, youtubers are probably the most important avenue toward a goal like that.
    • When people talk about balancing kits and all of the statistics, 99.9% of the time I get lost and frankly I have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about. My suggestion for this is to create an entirely new subsection on forums in the MCI 2.0 section (can you do that or does it have to be a thread?) or at least a pinned thread where people can suggest from minor to major changes or maybe even complete overhauls of kits. You can run polls, people can become more engaged, stuff like that. I know that other people want this too. For example, that guy above me wants it too (@GodVibes). Now in fairness, to talk about new kits is challenging, because the community can automatically give negative reception based on the title alone. I have heard of some great kit ideas for things like Creeper and Silverfish, and I would be highly interested in seeing what a Magma Cube kit might look like (Credit to @CommanderBox for the idea [at least I first saw it on one of his posts], I would love to hear more :)).
    • When I started talking about creating a subsection/pinned thread for kit balance suggestions, it gave me 2 ideas about forums in general:
      • 1. I for one wouldn't mind seeing each section of forums divided into more subsections. Like I said, I have no idea if this is possible or if it can only be pinned threads. This probably sounds incredibly, for want of a better word, nerdy/geeky already. My idea basically has each section split down into 5 more subsections. I was hoping that both the staff and community might come up with an amount for each section, as well as ideas on what the subsections should be, and that both come to a general consensus on the amount of subsections and what they will be. Might wanna set up a thread for this one if the idea gets enough support. (It probably won't, and to be honest I'm fine with it if the organization stays the same, just an idea of mine)
      • 2. I feel that the opening page of forums is fantastic. @Agent40 that is some 10/10 videography, and whoever designed it, it's amazing. My first little idea in this sort of group of ideas is that this is the page you open to when searching for anything Project Mayhem, whether it be forums, shop, wiki, whatever. Second idea is the changing of the motto. The Dankest Server Imaginable, to me, is a bit immature (I know, I know, 16 year old guy calling something immature, but bear with me). I don't have any ideas yet, but I would like to hear feedback on any ideas, and I will create a thread for this. (This is ONLY after I get explicit permission from both @maxben34 and @jackson30007. If either of them say no-go, it's no-go.) Third, I feel that the forums page doesn't quite fit the new server look, with the logo and hub change. It honestly feels a bit outdated. The server hub feels vibrant to me, and the home page even more so. The purple and gray look don't quite capture this, and I think that a cosmetic overhaul might be a bit overdue.
    I enjoy any and all feedback on this post! Please put responses in the reply section so the mods don't have to lock it as punishment for not following the template :p! Thanks! -ImWithSmart

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    InPepeWeTrust and TheStalePvP like this.
  14. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Growing juicy and fat

CREEPER__1 and Frogged like this.
  15. ImWithSmart

I know you @GodVibes and yes I have seen you on as your current IGN, I just didn't know that you were JettBlastFTW, although I think I have been told that you were before and I just forgot. I am sorry if I offended you in any way.

16. Wombo

Wombo Well-Known Member Builder

Having too much swaq
    @ImWithSmart my man you wrote like an entire book

• It's repeditive. I'm sure many people have already said this, but I haven't read this thread until today. This is the main reason why I 'stopped' playing, because it was the same almost every round. I put a bit of thought into this and thought about other games. For instance, if you play an hour of GTA, it' s never the same. This goes for a lot of games like CSGO, which I've been playing more lately.
      How can we improve this, so that every round will be unique and that people will enjoy the game more, even without getting high scorestreaks etc.? I don't have something specific in mind, but I'm sure someone will come up will a great 'solution' for it in the near future.

• MCI has one of the best communities I know of, and the server deserves more than it has at the moment. It's the only reason why I didn' t uninstall minecraft from my PC and hop on MC from time to time. I have many awesome memories of playing MCI, and I think the server has a lot of great potential.

ImWithSmart and Vickebyggare like this.
  17. ImWithSmart

Lol @TeamPurple had a bigger post on the first page

Wombo likes this.