1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

The best method to reviving the server

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Assassination, May 5, 2018.

1. Assassination

Assassination New Member

You are all familiar with who I am - that one guy that got banned and muted several times. Well, a few months ago I finally got unmuted and I was able to play again; however, it seemed that as soon as I started playing again the server was nearly extinct. I logged on yesterday around midday and only two people were online and they were both playing agar.io, listen to my argument and this should help revive the server.
    Given that several YouTubers have played Project Mayhem before, you should reach out to them again on a sponsorship deal. (Ex. pay ASFJerome $10 to upload a vid on the server). My suggestion is to reach out to one of the most popular Hypixel players, Technoblade, to increase the player base of Project Mayhem. There is a correlation between Hypixel players and Project Mayhem players. Send him an email and ask if he would be willing to participate in uploading a video of the server in exchange for a rank or hard currency.
    My other suggestion is that the server makes its own sponsored video. The server could make a video (with good editing) that shows all that Project Mayhem has to offer. YouTubers can reupload the video for an incentive like $1 per 100 views. Statistically speaking, only about ~30-40% of players will actually try the server out, with the majority of viewers realizing it is sponsored content. I would be willing to upload the video, as I have 220k total views over my YouTube channel's four years of existence.

~Assassin

CloudsPvP likes this.
  2. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

Both things i suggested before, not hating or anything but;

1. Paying popular youtubers is a good idea yes it is, but i'm sure it will cost loads. But is it really worth it? as the players willl probably stop playing after some days.

2. You mean trailer, as i suggested this too before. I think this is a good idea but first idea you gave it probably better to be honest.

3. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

I’m trying
    I honestly think the server might have just run it’s course. There’s nothing wrong with the server itself, but the core group of players from back in the day has slowly dwindled over the last couple of years. Life has just been getting in the way for many of these players, and most of them were the friendliest people around. People would come on to play and hang out with these kind of people, the server would be full most of the time it was great.

But those days are gone. They come back briefly at the anniversaries because we all want some nostalgia, but... I don’t think we can really revive it now. The OG players have grown up and left...

This is just my opinion of course

GSBlackeagle123 and dank like this.
  4. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    I first off want to say that $10 is nowhere near how much a big youtuber like Jerome will cost per video. Vikkstar for each video is/was charging $3,000 for just one recording, and most uploads they make are bribed for (shocking, right?). I'm sure anyone else would've said the same thing I'm typing right now - "Most youtubers are not worth it, reason being is kids hop on the servers they upload solely for the purpose of following where they go, most youtubers now have their own servers, which really cuts the traffic they bring with videos."

One thing I will straight point out is Project Mayhem players are correlated to Hypixel, but Hypixel players are definitely not correlated with Project Mayhem.

psandoval19 and YellowTehMinerz like this.
  5. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

55k views a year? yeesh

Assassination likes this.
  6. XrayGodzilla

XrayGodzilla Well-Known Member

This is true I come back sometimes on anniversaries but other then that I dint really play anymore I dont know if I can call myself a veteran players since not many people know who I am nowadays but this server has reached its limits its sad yes but the fire that used to be there is just gone idk how maby because harvey was right about the life got in the way thing nowadays teamspeak is only used for other games except that game it was ment to be for

7. Skyzip

Skyzip Well-Known Member

Unrelated comment here.

I remember when Maxben first payed someone to advertise the server, I think I'm even in the video. I hated it so much because I Loved the small community that already existed (I Loved how I knew pretty much everyone who was ever on) and I felt like the server would become swarmed with people.
    Thinking back, I shouldn't have been so against the idea, it'd be amazing to see the server alive again and I miss playing on it sometimes.

8. CloudsPvP

CloudsPvP Active Member

i remember back in 2015 the whole tablist was full lmao, i'm even on the tablist.

but yeah old times ;/

Skyzip likes this.
  9. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    @Harvey @XrayGodzilla

IMO, "life getting in the way" isn't so much of an issue, TeamSpeak is active literally every day now. I hop on and see there's 2 parties on Mega Walls, if not just 1. It's not about what's happening in real life as we simply just don't find that much fun in the game anymore. Yesterday there was a peak of almost 20 players on, but we got bored in a couple rounds, I can't play hours of rounds every day like I used to, but TeamSpeak I see them spend time on Mega Walls a lot now that its had an update with new content. I'm certain other OG players left because of boredom, Paradoxi played just some games of Mega Walls, Kyle still does, there are players who are active in Steam as well. If ben were to make his own actual game elsewhere that's tons of fun, then heck yea I'd play.

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    XrayGodzilla, Harvey and psandoval19 like this.
  10. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Here's a fuckin idea, a reset. Make it monthly or bi-monthly or semi-annually doesn't matter, just reset the fuckin' stats. Keep play time keep kills keep everything except rank and score. Players joining and looking at the server means jack shit when there is absolutely no incentive whatsoever. it's probably been a year since I've suggested this shit and the playerbase has only gone down since then.

Here's a quote from @chessgeek10 that was made in response to a video of maxben34's OVER A YEAR AGO

His points still hold true.

If you guys want someone to blame for the server's decay, don't blame the guys who quit, don't blame the guy coding the new updates, blame the greedy players not wanting to lose their stats to a reset, and blame the guy who doesn't want to pull the trigger on a decision that could potentially flip the script buttfuck upside down and get the server active again. I don't even play the server but seeing the constant updates running in circles going nowhere is infuriating. You did a good fuckin' job @maxben34 , now turn back the clock on this shit before it runs out of batteries

11. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    Thank you for remembering.
    But while I still think this suggestion would have been successful when I posted it, I do not think it would work at this moment.

As I should have explained more clearly back then, there was a serious time constraint for a reset to be implemented. If done just as the playerbase starts a serious decline, it'd be successful, because previous regulars who had left would still be in the communication loop to hear about it, and wouldn't be too far invested into new projects, games, or servers to return.

But now, where it's rare to see more than three online at a time, a reset would only kill it for good. There are no longer any heads to turn our way.

I hate to say it, but PM missed the opportunity; it's too late to make a drastic change to bring people back.
    Maxben is too much of a nice guy to admit it, but the only thing left for this server is to wait patiently for him to realize that it costs too much to keep it running.

Hss and Dat_Skeleton like this.
  12. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Hey, if I'm in his shoes I'm flipping the reset switch. It's a gamble with low odds (I agree with your comment about timing), but if it doesn't work you can stop operating at a loss, and if it does work then you make profits again. That's mainly from a business perspective though. I suppose that the "right" thing to do would just to be, as you said, let it runs its course and not leave a bad taste in everyone's mouth. But the current efforts just seem fruitless and I can't help but think:

what's the point?

Last edited: May 9, 2018
    chessgeek10, Hss and Dat_Skeleton like this.
  13. Hss

Hss Active Member

So I've been checking the forums every month or so and logging into the server very sparingly in hopes that there would be this "drastic" change to server...yet I'm not the least bit surprised about the current situation PM is in. Yes there was a map update, yes there were more "much needed" holiday packages but that's not anything outside of the normal content we get every year so it's not like that was really going to improve anything. I'm not sure why the stats reset wasn't done, there was really nothing to lose by this but whatever, I'm glad at least some people tried to think outside the box and try to change things for the better instead of just regurgitating the same old content.

@mmo I applaud you for summing this up very well:
    Anyways, I'll still be checking from time to time as a very small part of me will always have the hope that things might change and I'll continue to have this hope until the forums/servers are no longer accessible.

mmo and Dat_Skeleton like this.
  14. XrayGodzilla

XrayGodzilla Well-Known Member

I know that ben is reading this and to be honest I would glady know what he is thinking about this all no offense to you ben but im just curious wheter you can turn the tables or not and if you cant turn the tables just listen to everyone’s suggestions above and listen to the community because this isnt just your server its ours too but you know that already by now still wanted to point it out

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    GreetZ and Skyzip like this.