1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

The current problem with the anniversaries...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Frogged, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

I hate waking up on a Saturday, thinking it's gonna be all hype because of anni so lots of people on. I log onto the server and I see

MCI 1: 12 players
    MCI 2: 31 players
    MCI 3: 5 Players

How is this any fun? To be completely honest, finding and searching for things on specific maps is pretty old and only splits up the community. People don't play MCI because they like it, they play it to grind for the maps and it's really annoying. I was for sure you guys would have come up with a better challenge this year than to find things on specific maps again. Maybe challenges you have to do, or something that's not this because literally this is just the same playercount you see on a regular weekday.

If all these players were on the same server, it would about a full server and it would be so much better because we barely ever get it but right now, it's just like any regular old weekday and I'm not hype about it anymore.

Maybe next year it won't be the same and I'm just giving my opinion.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
  2. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

Servers should be limited to two.

3. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    I think they should span the anniversary event over a week or so. We talked about this in ts a bit, but I think it would be cool to get objectives that would progress you in the event. For example each day the anniversary is out there are different challenges each day. Such as maybe kill 5 infected within 3 seconds, collect a certain number of ingredients, or rank up 5 times in mci, or something along those lines. Make it so that there are multiple different challenges that come out each day, and you can earn milestone rewards for completing them like anniversary presents. Also since you would need to do these missions to complete the event more people would be playing mci over a course of a week or so. Also people won’t be spread out over different mci servers looking for maps. After you complete your 3 (or however many daily challenges you would want to make it) you could return to ben and jack and talk to them and it would allow you to progress further. Say you don’t play a day, you can still complete the challenges from the previous days you missed. I find that this would probably be a better solution than doing puzzles that people are going to google, or go on unfun tedious scavenger hunts that you can’t help your friends with unless you want to risk being banned. However the one downside I see in my idea is maybe people might go on different mci servers to grind the daily challenges. One way to fix this is to make the challenges a bit tough or require more people to complete.

The second problem is the incentive towards getting cakes for older players. Right now most players already have all the pro perks, so they don’t know what to do with their cakes, or if they should even grind for more. Ways to fix this would either be to add more anniversary perks or find a meaningful thing to convert cakes into. I personally think that if cakes were to be able to be converted to something it should be a new currency for a new shop, AFTER you have acquired all of the anniversary perks. This would not only provide something new for old players, but make the new players want to get all the anniversary perks to unlock this new shop. The shop should allow you to purchase anniversary presents, personal boosters, new cosmetics (particles, prefixes for your name, or maybe even nametags for companions), and something new like an mci ticket you can use that unlocks new hard challenges for you to complete and rewards you with lots of cookies, or boosters when you complete them. These are just some ideas, but I think something needs to be done to build incentive toward playing mci during the anniversary, and even not during events.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2017
    YellowTehMinerz and Frogged like this.
  4. NorthernCanadian

NorthernCanadian Member

Hockey
    I was in a different lobby frogged because I just needed abandons and grinding but now I’m done so I will play in the main lobby of mci

5. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    It's the specific maps that split up the community I say just make the maps with the eggs more common in voting so that people stay in one lobby

6. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

I think that this will only be a "problem" for a few days max. I don't even think it's a problem to begin with though.

Masteraj12, Wombo, Jimme and 2 others like this.
  7. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

Reign in the TurkeyLand.
    Home Page:
    Now imagine waking up on a saturdaymorning, all hyped because you want to play mci and make use of the doublecookies weekend. But the moment you click 'multiplayer' in minecraft, it says 'project mayhem 2/1000.
    This is not a joke, this was actually exactly what happened to me this morning...

YellowTehMinerz likes this.
  8. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Sorry that's the case but to be fair, the server has had more players on this anniversary than we've had in a very very very long time.

Furiosus_ and Bacon like this.
  9. YellowTehMinerz

YellowTehMinerz Member

I think most people not in America know the struggle