1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[TIMF] The True Value of Donor Perks + A Necessary Nerf

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by chessgeek10, Jan 19, 2016.

1. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

2. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    "I recognize in MCInfected, Privates are very unbalanced" @2:25

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

MAX, BUFF PRIVATES!!!!

Wack_Attack and Frogged like this.
  3. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

If max made a whole fucking video regarding this shit, stop fucking complaining. I hate TIM with a passion, but that's because I don't like factions in general, even without time. He made a 14 minute video and I personally think the thread needs to be locked to prevent any more flame... stop complaining.

MutatedGrape likes this.
  4. XrayGodzilla

XrayGodzilla Well-Known Member

To be clear this is not for a mean thing or anything I am just wondering you said that our ideas are very important and are always in priority why is there a ideas and suggestion section if our ideas never get implented ( not bein mean I swear) i was just wondering it

5. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

Lots of ideas do get implemented, though we're busy working on new games and such and so ideas for existing gamemodes don't get added if they're good until updates for that particular game come out.

6. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    @maxben34 I wasn't expecting to be persuaded this much from the video.
    You brought up a few things that I knew about, but hadn't completely explored them from all aspects.
    I will do my best to give this a few weeks before looking over the perks again.
    But as of today, there is still a few things I'd like to discuss.

Firstly, you never actually mentioned the donation perks besides the kits, such as the exclusive commands, homes, and multipliers. Unlike the kits, these do not become less powerful with time. I can see the kits losing power over time, but these are direct advantages that will really affect the class differences between donor factions and regular ones in the future. I still stand by my suggestion to make these unlockable using gigantic sums of time or other challenge. It makes it so donors are still just as rewarded for donating, but non-donors aren't punished for it. With that suggestion, there will still be plenty of interest in donating, for those who wish to get a head start and save the time of mining for decent armor will get plenty of it.

Honestly, my biggest fear is that all the decent tools and armor will come directly from these timelord kits, and nobody will use anything handcrafted. With 20+ sets coming out every 3 days, it'll spread through kills, gifts inside factions, and selling. I don't want to see a server where everyone is running around wearing a similar set of protection IV. These kinds of things should maintain at least some value, because (prepare for dumb quote) "when everyone's super, no one will be". To me, the fact that the kits start out maxed means a lot more than the fact that they're protection IV, even though they're the same thing. In some way, it should be possible to get better gear than a donor kit. Maybe you can create a bunch more custom enchantments, that way we would have something to feel good about if we craft something that everyone else doesn't have already.

I'm really glad you said you'd change a perk if it become too overpowered in the future. I would hope you would keep your word if the community still maintains the same opinion on this issue in a few weeks. Even though I get that it may never happen, seeing that you are not seeing this issue from only one side makes you look a lot less greedy. It would have really aggravated me if you had contradicted your past statement that "you tried to make things as balanced as possible" with saying today that you admit they're overpowered. Consistancy is important, so it's good you still agree with your previous viewpoint, instead of coming up with a different excuse.

Lastly, in a few earlier posts, you said that almost all other faction servers have more overpowered perks than TIMF. I believe someone has said this already, but I don't think we should be comparing ourselves to other faction servers that are more pay to win. To stay ethical in terms of donations is to be good ourselves, not be a little better than others. When I joined, a big reason why I stayed was that you were very interested in catering to the needs of the public, more specifically by keeping things balanced and generally trying to follow the EULA. I don't want Project Mayhem to lose that corporate innocence, or else it'll make this server no better than the rest of them. I doubt I would stay if that's what this turned into.

Thank you for addressing the public opinion.
    And by the way, you were right. That smile at the end was a bit creepy. ;)

Last edited: Jan 21, 2016
    saracresp likes this.
  7. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    The minority is the people who think that the gamemode isn't p2w. Yes, you don't need to play "24/7" but that was just a hyperbole. While HW doesn't take 10 hours, studying for subjects can take like 1-5, depending on how many quizzes/tests you have. I love factions, but I feel like it is really unbalanced. When Chess did the math, he only accounted for it taking two attempts to get Prot 4, while the average is about 1/8 chance.

Also, enchant system hates me. Time warp 1 with 12 lapis >_> >.< T_T

living in past tbh, i see that chrismas hat hanging.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  8. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I like this format of discussing things, its more engaging in my opinion and allot better than a giant page of text. I would like to see you make these every so often to address topics that need addressing and such.

Omg time warp 1 xD
    y u so unlucky??????

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2016
  9. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    I don't get how the commands such as /anvil, /repair, or /home are different than the kits. /home just saves time, the other commands save exp and such. I do get what you mean by the spawners though, tbh that's the only thing I still didn't get, it'll make a lot better farms for donors.

You all got the nerf you wanted on the kits, I swear if there's more complaining I will kick a goat in the chin.

10. chessgeek10

Cow
    /repair prevents you from ever having to use diamonds to repair your tools, giving them even more currency when they can now sell the spares.
    Others like /feed may seem like they only save time, but an infinite supply of food can make a huge difference over the long term.
    Some of the more minor commands aren't as valuable, but still should be able to unlock.

The kits are bad enough as they are, so the extra multipliers and commands just seems like overkill.

11. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    i thought /feed had a cooldown

12. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    Don't the kits already give you 24 diamonds? Lol.

An infinite food supply? Bruh, it ain't hard to overpopulate a cow farm.

You can deal with it, what I'm very concerned about though, is mining spawners, that's more valuable than a chest full of diamonds.

13. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    I agree with this

14. chessgeek10

Cow
    This isn't helping your case... :p

15. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    How so? I infer that you are still are arguing about the kits, they've already been nerfed, it was literally a miracle that it happened, I have no idea how it happened, but it did. Also, Didn't maxben JUST say in his video about the kits? I'm assuming it wasn't clear to you, you should watch it again.

16. chessgeek10

Cow
    Relax. There's no need to result to insults. We're all big boys and girls here. :)

Just because Ben decided the kits were not going to be nerfed for the time being doesn't mean I can't still believe they are overpowered.
    I'll try to save most of my arguments until after a few weeks have past; I just thought it was funny you admitted they get a free quarter of a stack of diamonds whenever they need it and still think they're balanced.

17. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    [​IMG]

Watch....... watch the video again...

Of course I admitted it gives free items, that's what the whole thread's about...

o_O

18. XrayGodzilla

XrayGodzilla Well-Known Member

Can you please at least say a few ideas that were implented by other players #Curious

19. chessgeek10

Cow
    Since you keep mentioning it, I should tell you I actually watched the video twice before I responded to it the first time.

I would appreciate if you kept responses polite. Using things like memes can come across as immature and only incites flame wars.

20. Kevin

Kevin Well-Known Member

Ruffino Ristorante Italiano.
    Flame wars.. The life of PM is flame war it self. I got a sponge that I found inside a temple, so i'm set now. Gonna sell it for 1 week. OP (I know you can buy em in the shop for time)