1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

[TIMF] The True Value of Donor Perks + A Necessary Nerf

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by chessgeek10, Jan 19, 2016.

1. InsideMC

InsideMC New Member

Are you kidding me? Everyone complains about it on the forums and everytime a Developer releases a new update for some gadgets they will say "Since the EULA crisis we can not give out anything that will boost players in games. However since gadgets are purely cosmetic we can give donors more gadgets than non-donors.

2. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Finding humor
    You're forgetting about the Fire Damage (not lava) AND the , which deals 1 damage per second. It stacks with lava damage, which means you're taking 4 ordinary damage per 0.5 seconds with the 1 TRUE damage per second. Also, when touched by lava, it takes 15 seconds for the fire effect to wear off. :eek: (fire damage isn't affected by armor, only enchantments)

Sorry, but when someone does some calculations with vanilla minecraft, I can't help but make sure it's correct. :p

Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
  3. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    A agree I miscalculated the aftermath fire damage, but the fire damage during float was included when I sat myself in a lava pool in vanilla minecraft.
    However, even though there is fire damage after exiting the lava, you still have natural regen to keep you nearly stabilized. Furthermore, this damage shouldn't really be considered, since chances are the Timelord will have his free god apples (which contains it's own 5m or complete fire resistance) or at least a water bucket somewhere in his inventory. All things considered, you really can't die from lava while using the timelord kit.

4. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    But in the end, couldn't you just keep a water bucket with you at all times just in case? ;)

Also, when I said fire did TRUE damage, I meant it wasn't affected by armor.

chessgeek10 likes this.
  5. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    Ive never heard any developer say that they cant do things because of the eula, and ive never seen anyone complain about the eula. Just you and some other people. The eula is irrelevant to everything and nobody cares about it. Whoever told you Hypixel almost got sued is on crack because why would minecraft sue a minecraft server? Thats harming their own bussines

6. chessgeek10

chessgeek10 Well-Known Member

Cow
    They can't sue for it. In the EULA itself it says they'll terminate your account for violating it.

7. MutatedGrape

Finding humor
    *cough* oh yeah, while we're talking about EULA, did you know it's against the EULA to sell/give optifine capes? @Paradoxi

8. XrayGodzilla

XrayGodzilla Well-Known Member

people still talk in this?

9. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    You should let me enchant ur armor, I've gotten fire prot 4 on my armor like 12/16 times. 2/16 were proj prot, 1/16 was blast prot, and the last was prot 3

10. Rod337

Rod337 Well-Known Member

Squids cleaning lady
    Home Page:
    porj prot and blast prot and fire prot suck, its all about prot 5

11. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

To clarify about the EULA:

The EULA is currently not enforced, especially for servers that are smaller. Take cosmicpvp for example. They don't follow the EULA and they have far more OP things than we do and also over 3.5k online players.

The EULA was put in place for some ungodly reason and mojang had realized that they had no reason or ability to enforce the EULA and as such, if mojang and Microsoft want to ignore it, I see no reason why server owners shouldn't either.

The thing is, that Project Mayhem has followed the EULA before factions was released. We knew, however, that there was no possible way that we could reasonably have a factions server that had donor perks that "follow the EULA". You see, it wouldn't make sense to have factions if it isn't successful for the server, and what that means is that there needs to be sufficient donations to justify its existence as a game.

Understand that factions is a game that is supposed to be hard. That doesn't mean it's impossible, especially if you get over the initial bump and begin to become strong. This can be done with our without time lord armor. With grinders, eventually, people will have a source of endless armor that is even better or equivalent to Timelord armor.

We don't force anybody to purchase anything in our store and the games are just as "playable" and pretty much as much fun as if you didn't have the ranks.

Following the EULA ensures security in case it is ever enforced and not ignored. I assure you that if it is enforced, we would change things in a way that made everybody (including mojang) happy, however I don't believe it will ever be enforced, but rather it will continue to be ignored by mojang.

12. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    This is why i just play mci