1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

We need a better way to deal with hackers

Discussion in 'Arsenal 2.0 Beta Discussion' started by Tactical_Rnbm, Jan 7, 2016.

1. maxben34

maxben34 Owner Owner Developer

I recognize that you guys care about this issue, which means I do too of course. Please just be patient with us as we work towards getting eventually Anti-Cheat on the server, and fine tuned.

Pokemaniac likes this.
  2. ITZHARRYPOTTER

ITZHARRYPOTTER Active Member

Also it is 10am-usually 1:30 or 2:30 am on weekends because this is what I noticed and is a reason I don't play on weekends all that much

3. 6meme

6meme Member

I understand that anti cheat will do a lot in the category of easing pressure on mods, but, personally as a frequent player on pm with a low spec laptop as my only gaming device, I would much rather see a few new active moderators added onto the staff team rather than sacrifice fps or server speed. GL on Tim updates!

TheStalePvP likes this.
  4. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    Sad thing is the anti cheat was a complete failer and if i could suggest an anti cheat i would chose Sudzzys anticheat he is the owner of two giant faction servers and i think you should contact him. On a sidenote can you please fix the issue about getting kicked by dizzzy grenades because honestly it gets annoying when your kicked 5 rounds in a row for flying.

5. 6meme

6meme Member

I don't think that is fixable without messing with the ability to stop fly hackers

6. Erikpiplup

Erikpiplup Active Member

Whenever I come on the first place I go is arsenal, and I see 2 or more hackers every time. This is the same situation as with agar.io when it first came out/after youtubers started posting. I do believe this is an issue that can be fixed as the staff gather more members. I understand that this takes loads of time because people that fulfill the qualities that staff seek are rare. Of course anti cheat will help, but looking at how good some people are at hacking, they might eventually find a way to bypass the anticheat, which brings up the problem all over again. Yes, staff play on other servers, but they did volunteer. You might say, "Well, they volunteered. They should be on more than they already are." They are not being paid, so it has almost no value to be on the server more than they already are. The amount of rudeness the staff have to endure when they are on is pretty extreme IMO, because you guys don't understand what they go through to try to make your experience fun (Not saying I would know). They play on other servers for relief. Let's say it's a cool down time. A mod comes on Project Mayhem and moderates for about 3 hours. They then take a cool down of 2 hours. Now I will attempt to explain why they don't come back on after that 2 hours.
    it's because they don't want to endure that rudeness that I mentioned before. Remember, volunteering to do something doesn't mean you have to be on all day every day. Then, once the staff decidesto come on again, they experience that same abuse because they haven't been on in so long. It is a vicious cycle that allows hackers to do as they please. It is possible that adding more mods can work out, to fill in that cooldown time that the mods take.
    the drawback of this is that we will have to continually hire new mods since the old ones will increase their cooldown time since they don't like that abuse they get because they don't come on much. It's kind of a theory, but since I'm not a staff member myself you shouldn't take my word for it, unless a mod can confirm this..

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    TheStalePvP likes this.