1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

What needs to happen on MCI

Discussion in 'Ideas and Suggestions' started by Frogged, Jul 13, 2017.

1. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Growing juicy and fat
    what

mmo likes this.
  2. TeamPurple

TeamPurple The Purpatraitor (Mod)

You can find me MCI_and_Chilling
    Well would you get those at a low prestige when there is Jugg etc still left to get

3. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Growing juicy and fat
    If a map is underplayed, that means no one likes it in the first place due to there being a voting system, so why wouldn't they want it removed?

4. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

How are you going to compare balancing and adjusting the game according to the meta to the playing habits of players? Those are two completely different subjects and it is unfair to contrast them when they do not have any correlation whatsoever.

Yes, every kit is going to have a few people that play it. However, currently the meta (love that word) is flooded with too many kits and action needs to be taken.

5. lordslaughter20

lordslaughter20 Member

The name says it all
    Dude everything kit is a meta whether it be scratch V Zombie or Fangs V Vampire. That's will never be the problem , the problem is how many players run toward the meta un balancing the game play for others and tbh that doesn't happen often. Besides the diverse kits in mci is what made the game mode unique. Also they made it that most metas have a counter.
    (Also excuse the bad grammar and using conjunctions to start sentences, I'm busy doing other stuff)

6. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

i build for a minecraft server
    I agree with mostly everything... except for the full reset. And here's why!
    It is very easy to argue that MCInfected is Project Mayhem's only successful game, with honorable mentions being Agar.io and, seasonably, Search and Destroy. I see where the idea for a reset stemmed from -- many factions servers reset every certain amount of days, calling each collection of days between a reset a numbered season. These are done on factions servers because the maps aren't that large, and they want to keep it easy for new players to start playing, instead of older players getting too overpowered. While this same thing can be seen in MCI, it's very different than the factions idea, just because of the situation Project Mayhem itself is in. I get on when there's new updates adding cool new features, not when they remove features, including many maps I have spent time building. I fear that, if MCI were to be reset, time will, as it so often does, repeat itself. What happens to every new PM game a week after it's released? It dies. It's cruel to say that, but it is true. It dies. If Ben and Jackson were to delete MCI and create a new, sort of "MCI 3.0", it would be like creating a new game, and I feel that a lot of players will leave. It's sad but evident that the only reason the majority of players ever play is to keep up their ranks, or to check out new features in updates. While a stat reset wouldn't completely eliminate my wanting to play, I know it will affect many other's, and that is why I think a reset is a bad idea.
    Also, boosters? What? So right after the reset happens, you repay strong players with enormous amounts of boosters, just to help them climb to the top again? Yeah, boosters are for the entire server, but imagine everywhere you go, every game you play, there are boosters, and near the start of the reset it begins to actually favor players with more freetime or devotion to the server, rather than other players who may be busy, which is how it should always be but not in that strong of form.
    I want PM to live as much as anyone else, but I strongly am opposed to a stat reset.

7. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

5 of these steps can only be taken if a reset actually occurs. Your argument as to why a reset shouldn't happen is invalid. It would never be called MCI 3.0, in the first place. You also need to consider the fact that I've said if a reset occurs it needs advertisement - don't just reset the game and think oh it's all well and done, no. Those other games die a week after because they're not the core gamemode of Project Mayhem. MCI is. It would just be the nearly the same as when you joined MCI the first time, since *i think* you are an older player.

8. Nitromaniac

Nitromaniac Well-Known Member Builder

i build for a minecraft server
    But again it all comes back to advertisement

9. ImWithSmart

ImWithSmart ImWithJrMod Jr. Mod

That One Guy Who Likes To Explore The Lobby
    I just read your ideas and YES.

Only things I'm against: Removal of morphs, gadgets, Chaos, and reset (for now!).
    • I like using morphs and gadgets in lobbies, as well as cosmetics in general, but if they are removed, I can live.
    • However, I don't think that Chaos should be removed. Yes, as you say, you can prestige without playing MCI at all. However, this takes a significant amount of time to get that much Chaos. Even with Firesale, you need 3k+ Chaos, which can easily take over a month to earn. Plus, when people prestige, the only cushion they have to fall back on is the incredibly slim chance of getting 1000 Cookies from a chest. This means having to save up tons of cookies to maybe get up to around the range of rank 13-15. Plus, Chaos is nice to have as a universal currency. Almost all large servers can profit greatly from having universal currency (i.e. Hypixel and Mystery Dust/Arcade Coins, Mineplex and Gems/Shards, etc.)
    • For the reset, I have listed my reason multiple times on multiple threads, so here's a link to my most in-depth description of my opinion: http://forum.pm-mc.com/threads/stre...-we-want-your-feedback.9384/page-4#post-65561

On the other side of the conversation, the things I support the most: Removal of maps and features.
    • Just like you, I want new, fresh maps that are awesome and exciting. I love the idea of not having too many maps. There are so many, to this day I keep finding things from exploring maps that I had no idea even existed, after having been active for almost 2 years. I like knowing where I am, and the knowledge I can retain to actually know how to use every little detail of the map to my advantage.
    • In the case of features, MCI just feels like a stack of pancakes that's been soaked in syrup. I'm a relatively new-ish player, and I highly prefer simplicity over versatility. The kits that would stay behind would still be, in my opinion, plenty for any player to feel like they still have all the options they could want.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
  10. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    Hunter, you know me and that if I don't agree with a post, I will always post a long response as to why I don't agree with it so here is my response to your thread.
    This is perfect. I love you and agree with everything.

11. Frogged

I got my pizza rolls, mountain dew, and my blanket out to get ready to read your novel, but I laughed so hard when I clicked it lmao

12. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

Reign in the TurkeyLand.
    Home Page:
    Some people care more about their spend money than others, you can't just call those people 'greedy' and push them aside...

Draconium likes this.
  13. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    I knew you'd like it dude. Keep doing what you're doing when it comes to suggestion.

Frogged likes this.
  14. cloudbeast

cloudbeast New Member

great 1+

15. GodVibes

GodVibes New Member

@Frogged I'm MP 1 and I started the day the server was released.. Do I get no compensation ? I don't think chaos should get removed because everyone can do it and it doesn't give players unfair advantages . Only having 15 maps won't have any effect unless you keep the enjoyable maps(no offense). Resetting stats will have all my time played a complete waste of time. Just because there are paths doesn't make the game complicated... it describes what each path is and how to unlock it, pretty simple. I don't think you need to reduce the amount of cookies at the end since you only make ends meat at the end of a games, unless you play every day it takes ages to go from rank 1-25. Just because there are gadgets and morphs doesn't mean people don't use them and I don't think they should be removed . Severed heads in my opinion doesn't need to be replaced because it tells you in chat what it's giving you. I agree in removing extra info in stats because it's unneeded after events are over I don't think 5 of each booster will compensate for the kits stripped away from you since that's what you bought the package for and would make that package you bought useless.(may aswell have made it the booster pack with cosmetics). I'd get triggered if my stats were reset because I try harded and earned my stats. That's all but good input on a few steps (NO HATE, just my opinion on the subject).

ImWithSmart likes this.
  16. Frogged

Chaos is overpowered lmao. You can use chaos but not play mci and still progress, which is kinda stupid. Do you see how many people join for the first 5 minutes then leave? That's because they are a leather fighting against a MP6 person against shock or whatnot. A reset will clear this, plus, it's not a waste of time. It's a challenge to get back to what you were. What matters is the journey, not that you made it.

Bacon and Draconium like this.
  17. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Chaos should not be a thing. Let's look at the ways you get chaos. Voting is something everyone can do, but at level 100 you easily double the amount given (45 to 90), that's where an inbalance comes. But let that one be. The other ones are playing a bunch and getting wins right? People aren't motivated to play because they get so easily destroyed they lose interest. It's a lot easier if you are a frequent player because you have upgrades, but SnD and MCI are hard to play because they aren't fun when someone has say Sniper V and instakill headshots you. Hell even winning is hard. SnD needs a carry if you are new, and MCI you have to win as a survivor. Most new players barely end up being survivor for more than a minute. But the biggest nail in the coffin is the parkour. 300 chaos for doing some incredibly hard parkour. I consider myself "good" at parkour yet I still struggle. If you aren't good, you are going to be absolutely left in the dust. Chaos let's you prestige so easily if you know what to do with it. In about 10 days you can easily prestige which is already layered on top of how easy it is to rankup for old players in MCI. Sure you can argue that you don't get an unfair advantage, fine. But you can't even begin to argue that it isn't broken.

ImWithSmart likes this.
  18. baseballaholic22

baseballaholic22 The Squeaker Jr Mod Jr. Mod

Professional Mineman
    What kind of person would use Sniper V and insta head shot people. What a scum, smh.

Masteraj12 and ImWithSmart like this.
  19. GodVibes

GodVibes New Member

Not trying to really argue at this point but I'm lvl 1 and get what the new players get by voting/Doing the parkour. Once you do the parkour a million times and hit the jumps, it's not that hard. I got good at parkour by just practicing for hours.

20. NorthernCanadian

NorthernCanadian Member

Love it but I got to prestige 7-8 I think and I spent about 1 year grinding it out but didn't but play on weekends so I didn't get as many cookies and levelled up slowly because the only people on weekdays were op if this happened I would come back but I would like compensation I spent (as my dad says) I wasted a year of my life on a minecraft server because it's all I did played project mayhem so even though I never got to mp 1 I would like to be compensated or I would probably quit for good and I think everyone who presstiged at least 5 times should get a tag that says like og or something I have a full thread on that but I give that a +1

And if there is a reset someone better let me know