1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Skeleton Bowspamming is NOT an Issue

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by Wips77, May 31, 2017.

1. Wips77

Wips77 Member

Pug Enthusiast and Bowspammer
    To my fellow MCI Players,

I would like to preface this by saying: Please don't hate. This is merely my opinions and feel free to disagree. Please leave your counterclaims in the comments.

Now, let's talk. If you have ever seen me on the server, you know I frequent the kit Skeleton. It is by far my favorite
    because I am good with a bow (at least I think) and I like to see other hate themselves. I am often the target of complaints such as:

"OMG, why are you using skeleton? Just get good. Stop bowspamming." Or, "frikin' bowspammer. smh" (I censored myself but sometimes it's a little more aggressive)

The common complaint I encounter is the bowspamming argument and here is why I think those who think it is completely broken or unfair should be more understanding:

First, it counters broken survivor hiding spots (most commonly spots located in water or cobwebs). This prevents survivors from constantly getting fed by melee kits that just go all in. This requires survivors to be more cautious, careful, and makes surviving more difficult. I think this makes the game a better experience (feel free to disagree).

Secondly, I think there are many ways to counter a bowspammer. The easiest method is a flank tactic.If you are located in a water or cobweb spot, shooting back, throwing grenades, or having another survivor flank or distract for you are all effective tactics.

Lastly, spamming a bow is basically a combo. Instead of a constant swinging of a sword, it's a firing of a bow. Why is a bow comboing bad but a sword combo isn't?

I really don't have too much else to say, but I wanted to get the conversation started. I think this issue doesn't lie within the game, rather, the mindset of some players. Please disagree. I want to become more understanding of the other point of view, just as I want you to understand mine.

Thank you from your fellow player,

Wips77
    Pug Enthusiast

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  2. mmo

mmo Active Member

It's really not that bad, you make good points.

you're still a little shit

mmo
    Not a Pug Enthusiast

Frogged, Wips77 and Ammaranthine like this.
  3. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    Here is my view on bowspamming. The amount of skill it takes to bowspam someone entirely depends on the person who is melee rushing (depending on if they have riot shield or not). Most people on the server are completely brain-dead, which is why bowspamming looks like it is broken for some people. It's a noob crusher, it's what it does.

Skeleton bowspam will never be an issue because of riot shield though. Even a noob can use it and kill a skele.

4. Wips77

Wips77 Member

Alright, here is my rapid response. I agree with your points however, I would like to speak as a person w/o riot shield. I have little issue fighting a skeleton in a bow spam scenario. 1 word: strafe. However, just as Keldricc said, people on this server are kinda brain dead. In contrast, a large portion of the player base is filled with highly skilled pvpers. So for those of you who struggle with skeleton, try strafing or riot shield.

Wips77
    Pug Enthusiast

Justin L likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Well-Known Member

Climbing the ladder for woof king
    I use skelly sometimes and honestly, if the person your PvPing is actually a decent player, then you'll only get about 3-4 low charged shots on him before he starts hitting you.

People complain about it because it is a ranged "combo", and people get mad because it requires more than 1% brain power to counter them

Not to mention that bow spammer isn't actually that easy to pull off

Wips77 likes this.
  6. Keldricc

Home Page:
    Just fight a good skeleton w/o riot shield. The struggle can be real. The thing is that I can count the amount of good skeletons on the server on my hand so have fun finding a needle in a haystack

Agent40 and Wips77 like this.
  7. Wips77

Wips77 Member

Just a taste of comments that I get. Livid provided his lovely fake comments for this reply. *Not real comments* *Similar to actual comments* *Not Actual Size* *Serving Suggestion*
    Bowspam1.png Bowspam2.png Bowspam3.png

Frogged and Lividcoffeebean like this.
  8. Lividcoffeebean

Lividcoffeebean Member

Coolest guy on the server
  9. Agent40

Agent40 Well-Known Member YouTube

Famous Youtuber
    Heres my Views on Bowspamming....
    Ha! Try me bitch I have Aussie Internet!

All jokes a side, I see no problem with Bowspamming at all really. There however is a different with a 'Problem' and an 'Annoyance'. People get extremely frustrated when others bow spam because it drains health quite fast and does as people say "Requires little to no skill". To now go against one of your points, It actually doesn't "counter Broken Survivor hiding spots" at all. That was the purpose of Wither and Blaze which have now both been respectively nerfed to the ground. Most of these places are unreachable by line of sight projectiles. Ontop of this going to another one of your points, Bowspamming is nothing like "a combo". Bowspamming does requires less skill as it doesn't have as many factors as melee (unless you're fucking Keldricc that is -_-).

Wips77 likes this.
  10. Keldricc

Home Page:
    Bowspam requires at least 200IQ if you do it like I do

Wips77 likes this.
  11. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    Home Page:
    I mean I don't see anything wrong with bowspamming, it's basically a fundamental part of the kit. I see humans bowspam the infected, but they don't complain. I get the same type of comments (if not worse) when I use shock. People always complain to me that I ruin the game when I play shock, or to leave or change kit. They will message me saying I'm not good at the game, because I'm just using an OP kit to get kills. However it's not like that at all especially for skelly. It is hard for me to bowspam efficiently, and that's what makes players who do it so good. For shock you have to be able to pvp well and land combos in order for the kit to actually perform well. I don't think bowspam is a bad thing in the slightest it's a big part of pvp with a bow and people just don't understand that. @Keldricc is a great example of this he is very skilled with a bow, and he knows how to bowspam just right.

Wips77 likes this.
  12. Wips77

Wips77 Member

I completely agree with your statements, however I would like to explain why I say what I did. When it comes to "countering broken survivor hiding spots" I'm going to use the example of the water spot under the bridge of Port Lundene. Using skeleton kit, you can fire constant arrows through the entrance which is often considered a bow spam. If all infected were playing melee kits, you would just feed survivors in that spot (Why some consider it "broken"). Blaze and Wither are great kits for scenarios like these but their nerfs make skeleton equally effective in my opinion. In regards to the "combo" statement, I meant that in the way that if done a certain way, it can create a chain that is hard for the target of said chain to break out of. This is similar to a melee combo, which prevents the target from attacking. I do agree however that a bow spam combo, if I dare say that, is much easier to perform than a melee sword combo. Thanks for your comments!

13. GER0NIM0

GER0NIM0 Well-Known Member

Two words
    Riot shied

Wips77 and Agent40 like this.
  14. ewald22

ewald22 Senior Moooderator

Cow
    If I'm in a bow-spammable spot and see a skeleton (more specifically @Keldricc), I'll toss every single one of my grenades, double tomahawk and then flash away. :p

Nick, Frogged, Wips77 and 2 others like this.
  15. dank

dank Active Member

Kevlar vest costs 2 prestige tokens, and everyone thinks its bad, but its really not. I bought kevlar vest as my first prestige perk and i fell in love with it because its so helpful towards skeletons. So yeah just buy that lol

16. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Growing juicy and fat
    Kevlar Vest helps, but doesn't really help with the salt. The thing to do is use Riot Shield, but only some players have it. I still think bow spamming is fine anyways, that's just my opinion.

Also just pointing this out, and a bit offtopic, but the only reason Kevlar Vest was implemented was because of sniper V. #funfacts

Agent40, dank, Wips77 and 1 other person like this.
  17. Furiosus_

Furiosus_ Well-Known Member

Reign in the TurkeyLand.
    Home Page:
    Is there no one that runs and does a 1-80 to trickshot the skeletons with their own bow? (Survivors got their bows as well!!!!!) :)

18. Justin L

Justin L New Member

Just Going to School xD
    Same

19. Frogged

Frogged Well-Known Member

Easy solution! Buy riot shield to get out of a bow-spammable spot!!

Lividcoffeebean likes this.
  20. Soup

Soup ♬ ♪ ♫ Everyone's Least Favorite Liquid ♫ ♪ ♬ Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    i'm personally offended by this post's content.

Agent40, Nick, Frogged and 1 other person like this.