1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Why the server will not grow/Justification for a Reset

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by mmo, Jul 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Do I look like I have a job?
    That's kinda how I felt when Master Prestige came along, since it took away a bunch of perks I had spent ages trying to get, only to be told to spend even more time to get them back. It was the worst.

Justin L likes this.
  2. Vickebyggare

Vickebyggare Well-Known Member

Home (next to the neighbor)
    If mci gets a reset new perks would be needed or atleast updated perks. Because I don't think that anyone wants to grind up the same perks once again.

3. Justin L

Justin L Member

Just Going to School xD
    I agree people are just gonna get op again so why even reset? (Temporary Fix)

4. lobster

lobster Well-Known Member Builder

League Of Legends
    Literally a reset without changing things would be the stupidest choice, the server has never done something so extreme without thinking about changes before hand.

Hypris likes this.
  5. PandaCanFly

PandaCanFly New Member

If they make it so The noobs with no prestiges dont take effect to potions then it would be more playable like no nades and stuff and no blindness then they would like the server

6. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    Bruh you took my metaphor/analogy way to seriously like the fuck

7. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

Then don't post if you don't want to contribute seriously. Sorry if this comes off as rude, but your post provides barely anything for the thread. Everyone else here is seriously trying to contribute so I took it you were serious too. My bad.

lobster and mmo like this.
  8. MadPanda007

MadPanda007 Well-Known Member

non donor life and saras pet panda
    In Saracresps back yard trimming her bamboo
    Home Page:
    You saw the word pay and went off on a fucking 2 paragraph rant on how are enjoyment is pay enough when it was clearly just a anology

9. Draconium

Draconium Well-Known Member

Pro Minecwaft pwayer
    This is true, the reason the prison server reset was because there was so many level 100's (which is the max level). Since mostly every active person is over MP2, they are undoubtedly overpowered.

However, if we look at it this way, a reset may not even help the server (or even make it worse). Take the Mayhem+ people... They have shock, titan, mole, guardian, and all the overpowered kits. Since everyone is going to be a leather, they would just go on a slaughtering rampage and kill everyone. I understand over time, this may balance out. But, at first it won't help In My Opinion.

However again, I do agree that a reset would be the best idea.

EDIT:
    I'd assume these ranks are donor ranks?

10. Masteraj12

If you want to take this to a PM I'm more than willing to because we are getting offtopic. Your call.

Hence why a revamp should come first, and then we can see the direction the server is heading in. And yes, I mean donor ranks.

Draconium and Jimme like this.
  11. Soup

Soup Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Being Tasty.
    The whole problem that he's addressing is that the game of McInfected is way too complex compared to how it was before. Perks make it harder for new players to enjoy the game. So why on earth would we make it even harder for them by adding new perks. Yes it would be fine at the start but eventually when people make it back to master prestige 10 (You know like 6 days after the reset) the same problem will arise. You need to think of the server and not just yourself when giving a solution. Did you even watch the video/ read the transcript provided? No offense but it seems to me that you saw the words reset and started typing faster than when someone asks @CREEPER__1 to release a new set of memes. If you're going to state an opinion on a thread you should read other people's posts, or at the very least actually read/listen to what the original post had to say.

This would not work. I'm sorry but it would just be confusing for them once they make it to a point of being affected by the grenades, on top of that, people wouldn't know if they're using their grenades against a noob or not so they would be wasting them in some cases. I'm sorry to hate on your idea and I appreciate your contribution to the topic at hand but this just would not work.

I'm sure this is what @lobster wanted to say when he posted a rater rude comment quoting yours, he just didn't want to put in the time to explaining how this would not work whatsoever.

Frogged, Justin L, Masteraj12 and 7 others like this.
  12. MutatedGrape

MutatedGrape Well-Known Member

Growing juicy and fat
    I've been against the idea of a reset in the past, I would've just said all there needs to be done is some extreme rebalancing with just the kits/perks.

But even so, we have several players with countless prestiges. With half the playerbase with so many perks there's no way to rebalance without nearly destroying the ranking experience. There really does need to be a reset.

lobster, CREEPER__1, Claw and 4 others like this.
  13. cloudbeast

cloudbeast New Member

I agree with the video.

14. Wombo

Wombo Well-Known Member Builder

Having too much swaq
    Why does everyone complain about their stats being cleared when a reset were to happen? Don't get me wrong, I somewhat do care about the prestige I am, because it has given me quite the advantage. But for the sake of a reset and the playerbase going up again, I wouldn't mind if my stats were cleared. Of course, there are people who put way more time into MCI than my 3 weeks (I think it's 3) and I highly respect them for putting this much time into the game and keeping MCI alive, but I reckon it would be worth it. As I said, I don't really care about the prestige I am or the time I've played and if MCI were to reset and the server would thrive again, I'd be happy. To me, the most important and valuable thing the server has given me, are all the amazing times and truly great memories. Like me dying of fall damage with my first prestige while still having 120 chests (It is funny now but believe me, it wasn't funny then). Or my first donation to the server, first (and basically last lol) time on Team Speak, etc. I could write an entire book of all the good (and sometimes bad) memories I've had, but I won't do that because I'm too damn lazy. With this I'm trying to tell that a reset with proper balancing measures and advertising is the best in my opinion and that letting go of your current stats would be hard for some, but worth it in the long run.

15. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    I know this is a bit off-topic, but how I see it, is that as a noob, not only are you having a hard time killing people, but you're also actively getting targeted by everyone. A seasoned player sees full leather noob "minecraftman232" and instantly lock-on to him. It's purely strategic as well which I find hilariously bad gameplay-wise. It should never be beneficial to target noobs. They target them so you can surge chain as infected, get a shit ton of food from Hardline Pro, and just keep chaining kills. On the flip side, if you're a noob zombie, you don't know any better than to go for the nearest survivor, which is typically the group of tankers. What happens is you get more bodied than Kaiba did after getting Exodia'd due to 50 grenades, poison, firemind, etc. A base 1-1 zombie is not that great in the hands of a noob, so you feed. Tankers target you knowing that you can't fight back well and the entire game is just a shitshow of getting targeted. In its current state, MCI is not capable of having new players stay and enjoy the server.

Anyway, I believe that we should experiment with ways to keep new players first, before doing someone extreme like a stats reset (which is incredibly risky)

16. Mikehasta

Mikehasta New Member

I've been playing the last couple of nights out of curiosity and boredom and this is the conclusion I've come to:

A reset is necessary. The game mode has devolved to a clusterfuck of an over abundance of extravagant features, kits, and maps. Why are there chickens, leprechauns, and squids running around in a game mode that's meant to be humans vs zombies. Like I understand the basic kits of enderman and vampire because they're easy to understand and add a cool element to the game, but the new ones literally being forced out (mole?) are frustrating, add nothing but confusion, and make defending yourself and understanding the game extremely difficult for new players.

On top of that, when they die and turn into zombies, the unkillable prestige 10,000 players (which is like 70% of the server at any given time) will farm kills on them until they get bored and quit.

Another thing that's been bugging me is the quality control on the maps being accepted. Sure, they look nice, but they play badly. Most of mapmaking now is directed at making a plethora of insanely hard to find hiding spots and difficult parkours in an already oversized map. New players have no idea where to go and end up dead while looking for a decent spot. And then when they're infected they have no idea where to check. And even if they do find somebody or a group of people they're all fully decked out with prestige perks and don't stand a chance anyway. The great maps like sea town, old showdown, downturn, cargo, and villa from mci1 play so well because there's usually a large group of survivors defending one area, a place where new players can survive and new zombies can fight. It's less of a game of hide and seek and more like zombie survival.

Things that need to be done to improve server and make it more new player friendly:
    -Reset everybody's ranks and prestiges and make cookies less obtainable so the no lifers can't get back to where they were immediately and start dominating new players. Remove boosters and the ridiculous end game bonuses for cookies
    -Remove like 80% of the maps and kits
    -Remove companions
    -Remove prestige perks like firemind and zdemo that make the game annoying

Sorry if I come across as an ungrateful dick but I'm writing this because I truly care about the server and its success. I have so much respect for maxben and the teams dedication and persistence but I just think there's a lot that could be done to improve the game

lobster, mmo, ImWithSmart and 11 others like this.
  17. GodVibes

GodVibes New Member

If I could keep my highest killstreak I'd be 100% for stat reset because that's my pride and shows what I've accomplished on the server. But if that gets erased..... nobody knows what I've previously accomplished. You could have a current highest killstreak and a highest killstreak before stat reset. It'd be great to start over for sure so that everyone's at an even playing field but for all those players with a ton of prestiges it could be like a slap in the the face for them for their hard earned stats to be completely wiped. There must be a way that both sides could agree on or nothing at all. If most the community doesn't agree with it and it's changed, the community would just be toxic. What would happen then?

18. Masteraj12

I actually really disagree with this. I "take pride in my 151 scorestreak" is me lying. I don't deserve that. I had old firemind (easily the best perk in the game), old hardhat with the busted spot right by spawn with only one entrance, old frags, and a lack of insanely strong infected perks to balance out how strong Humans were. The complete shifts in balance has made it so that scorestreaks are harder to get now and easier in the past. You know this well. I personally am not good at the game. My 151 was all on abuse of OP items and spot. Also, chests. God chests were busted back 2 years ago.

19. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    To be fair, that was also the time when Titan and Shock were running rampant in their unnerfed glory. While infected classes didn't have stuff like instinct, some were still pretty broken, with kits like Grinch coming to mind

20. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

You should pride yourself on the best stat, K/T (kills divided by time)!

Actual suggestion time:

Yeah. I think maps need to be dumbed down to what they originally were, simple, easy to understand, and relatively small. Old Nuketown? So much fun. New one? Go to the attic spot and AFK. Agree with everything you say 100%. Companions need to go and so does everything else you said.

Spots that need a collaborative effort from the zombies need to be removed (buttons, pressure plates, etc.). They're neat and do add another element to the game, but playing as Zombie is supposed to be chaotic. Working together shouldn't go farther than hording those last few people.

Perhaps give new players a 12-hour trial of a mid-tier rank. Not being shredded by zombies instantly, but also not being able to join the game and instantly have what people are supposed to work towards. Enough so they can grasp the game, enjoy what it's like at a higher rank, and be encouraged to work towards it.

Fuck it, add a storyline. There are creative minds in this community that could deviate a badass storyline for each map that adds another element to the game that people could actually be interested in. Each rank progresses you farther in the story? Shooting blanks here, but with a lot of work, this would be a sick addition that could be community-founded.

POWER ROUNDS @Frogged

Overall, stuff that keeps the community and new players engaged. Something that makes new players say "Huh, that's kinda neat, I like that".

CREEPER__1, Frogged and Wombo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.