1. Hello Guest!

Please take a moment to review our updated forum rules before continuing to use this site. If you have any issues or feedback, please private message mattrick or Soup so we can discuss.

Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Why the server will not grow/Justification for a Reset

Discussion in 'MCInfected 2.0 Discussion' started by mmo, Jul 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CREEPER__1

CREEPER__1 Well-Known Member

Meme Expert
    So you are saying you matter more than the entire server, because it benefits newer players more than it would you? Sorry, but I don't see the logic there. Most veteran players have agreed with the thought of a reset. Heck I mean really the server is really only made of veteran players since we can't get anyone else to stick around. Also your point on people getting tired of the gamemode, and their lack of interest of playing the game when there aren't many players on is also invalid. The whole idea of the restart is to fix those 2 problems. It's supposed to add/removed elements to the game that were breaking it from the beginning, and encourage new players to stay since they aren't being beat on the head by players who have tons of broken prestige perks and kits. Really I don't see people quitting MCI if there is a reset, because really what other option is there? The server could try to do something like the master prestige update, but that wouldn't work either as shown over time. Really the reset opens a whole new level of innovation for MCI. Think about it for a bit if they changed a lot of things about MCI for the better, and take out lots of things that were wrong with the gamemode players wouldn't exactly be playing MCI for the same things they were once before. Instead they could be grinding for new things and actually having fun in the process. What's the point of hanging on to all of your infected kits levels or prestige perks if you aren't going to have fun anymore. MCI has lost the fun feeling to it a while ago due to players leaving and no big changes, and that's where innovation comes in. Hopefully if there is a reset filled with new innovations to the gamemode there will be advertising so we can keep new players as a steady part of the growing community. I'm really tired of people complaining about losing their stuff because of a reset since everyone else is going to also lose it. I have been grinding on MCI for so long that I am just a few cookies away from master prestige 5, and have prestiged vampire and shock 3 times and maxed one of their paths again along with many other kits either being maxed or prestige 1. I have accumulated 1 month, 1 week, and 14 hours of playtime. I've grinded so much out of MCI that even with little updates here and there it's hard to play with enjoyment when you aren't playing with friends in teamspeak. I know many others are in the same position as me or are way ahead of me in rank or leveling infected kits and have played much longer. I still believe their should be at least some sort of reminisce that players have achieved such milestones in one way or another, and playtime should still be kept. I'm sorry if this comes off as rude or offensive I really don't want it to, but I just want to show my thoughts on why this restart could keep this community going. I don't want to see it shrivel up and fall apart. I've build many relationships with countless people on this server many have past, many are still in place right now, and some are still being created right now. I want to still be able to create friendships with people in this community, and see it grow. I know I joke a lot on the forums with memes and shitposts and screw around a lot in teamspeak, but to be completely honest if it weren't for this community I would have quit playing minecraft long ago and I don't want to see it fade away. I think a reset with the right changes and advertising can make that difference. I'm just going to leave this post of with these sentence... If you don't take risks you can't create a future.

Also sorry if it's a lot of words and it's sorta unorganized, but thank you so much if you read the whole thing.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  2. Harvey

Harvey Well-Known Member

Do I look like I have a job?
    You know something is up when Creeper makes sense for once

Masteraj12 and Frogged like this.
  3. Masteraj12

Masteraj12 (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Sr. Moderatorororor☜(゚ヮ゚☜) Sr. Mod

I had changed my mind on a reset being a thing that has to happen, but that change has put me in the middle. Sure I've put two months of time into MCI alone and I am almost MP 7, but I get why it does work to have a reset. If we only cater to the vets then we will keep this low player count. Back when the server was fresh we were hitting 200's easily. Like you said, people get bored of the game. Why prioritize people who will get bored faster than people who have never played the game a whole lot? Your argument kind of self destructs when you look at it that way.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
    Hoozier, baseballaholic22 and Frogged like this.
  4. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Great, it's decided then! When do we start taking action to work towards a reset?

pistolsteven likes this.
  5. Wombo

Wombo Well-Known Member Builder

Having too much swaq
    I'm 100% sure that the team is working very hard on a change. A big change that will bring back players and will keep newer players playing, and it doesn't help if everyone keeps nagging about a reset.

6. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

People nag because they care. If the "new feature" that @maxben34 hinted at flops, then it's plan reset.

7. Hypris

Hypris Well-Known Member Wiki Team

Just Mt.Dewwing it
    Dude, you're just being obnoxious, I'm sure reset isn't the only solution. Please refrain from being so negative, and actually have be open minded about the situation.

8. Keldricc

Keldricc Well-Known Member

Professional block game bowspammer
    Home Page:
    Okay guys the feature flopped. Time to gamble it all on a reset and pray that it magically fixes our player count and doesn't screw us over completely

Hoozier likes this.
  9. Hoozier

Hoozier Well-Known Member

Chill.

(This is no longer a micropost)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2017
  10. mmo

mmo Well-Known Member

Sorry if this came across as cynical, I actually am excited to see what he plans. However, what I'm trying to say is that god forbid it doesn't turn out, developing another solution might take too long. All I can do is speculate, though.

11. Kendyy

Kendyy ★ Senior Moderator ★ Sr. Mod

Masteraj12 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.